Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What time do your kids wake up for school?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:17 am
We are moving further away but my 11 yo daughter will keep going to her current school. She currently wakes up at 7, but her new schedule after we move will be her waking up at 6/6:15. I'm so worried about her waking up that early because it feels like trying to get her to bed earlier the night before is impossible. I also feel like 6am wakeup is waaaaay too early, though girls in her class do it. That's why we are moving in the first place.....because most of her friends live in this neighborhood. So I know she won't be the only one waking up so early to make the bus, but I'm still terrified for her to do it.
Anyone else have kids that wake up this early for school? How do they handle it?

Thanks

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:20 am
When school is actually going on, not in corona times, my daughter has to wake up at 6:30.
Your daughter will get used to it after a while. She may have to go to sleep a drop earlier than she has been.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:21 am
Terrified?
I think you’re being a bit dramatic. My oldest wakes up at around 6:00. It’s not terribly spooky at all.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:58 am
I grew up leaving the house to get on the school bus at 7am (from a ages 5-17) so certainly had to wake up at 6:15 or so.

My preschooler has been leaving the house at 6:45-7 since she was a baby.

She’ll draw her strength from you. Definitely not something to be terrified of, just something to plan for

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 8:26 am
6AM.... boy that's not fun. Why do more girls live further from the school?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 9:50 am
I wake my kids up at 7, but it's really all a matter of what you are used to. My husband wakes up before 5 every day. Until she adjusts, I would try to do as much prep as you can at night (make sure backpack is ready, clothes are laid out, lunch/snacks are packed, figuring out breakfast, etc.) so that you don't leave anything for the morning other than getting out of bed, dressed and eating breakfast.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 9:51 am
Before 6am.

OOTforlife

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:14 am
Around 6:30 to 6:45.

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:34 am
6:30-7. We are a 5 min drive so we leave 8:20-8:25 ish.

hodeez

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:51 am
She'll be fine..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
6AM.... boy that's not fun. Why do more girls live further from the school?

We have been talking about moving for the past few years. Many of our friends have moved out and most of my daughter's friends from school have moved. We were originally going to move out of town, where my daughter would have to switch schools and make new friends, but she's so happy in her school and is very close to her friends. So we are moving to a place where she gets to keep her school and friends. Though I'm not happy with the early morning wake up and bus ride.

Sprinkles1

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:02 pm
My kids wake up (rather shlepped out of bed!) at 8:15 and are out of the house by 8:45.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children