Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Usually for Bar mitzvah's we get similar. Seems unfair?
Previous  1  2

number

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree but I'm going to keep out and vent to you lovely lot instead lol (sorry) bc my sil who is arranging it is the sister of the one making Barmy and my dh just thinks I should chill haha.. He always sides with his family and can never understand why I get petty ☺️ but he agrees it's silly to all give different amounts. I would be a little upset to know that others gave more than me...it's an ego thing I guess. Its quite major to organise these gifts and to get money from everyone that I suppose I should be glad that I'm not laying out and organising it!
I agree you're going to need to keep out but I really don't think you're being petty, just noting where this could lead down the road. Hopefully this is a one off and everyone else doesn't come up with a new brilliant idea for their gift.

Sils and gifts can get really touchy!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree but I'm going to keep out and vent to you lovely lot instead lol (sorry) bc my sil who is arranging it is the sister of the one making Barmy and my dh just thinks I should chill haha.. He always sides with his family and can never understand why I get petty ☺️ but he agrees it's silly to all give different amounts. I would be a little upset to know that others gave more than me...it's an ego thing I guess. Its quite major to organise these gifts and to get money from everyone that I suppose I should be glad that I'm not laying out and organising it!
you’re husband sees you getting stuck on the principal of the matter (you mentioned you could afford it) men don’t get that and simply see tangible problems as a problem, in this case it’s the musag that’s bothering you and men don’t have patience to dwell on that stuff.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:17 pm
number wrote:
I agree you're going to need to keep out but I really don't think you're being petty, just noting where this could lead down the road. Hopefully this is a one off and everyone else doesn't come up with a new brilliant idea for their gift.

Sils and gifts can get really touchy!

Thanks so much for validating my feelings on this.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics