Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lockdown tragedy (suicide mentioned)
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:55 am
https://foxbaltimore.com/news/.....mpact

What a horrific tragedy. Advocates of lockdown and school closures have blood on their hands!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/he-just-gave-up-school-shutdown-baltimore-county-teen-impact

What a horrific tragedy. Advocates of lockdown and school closures have blood on their hands!

That's very sad.

I want to point out that for many children, virtual learning is better, because they are no longer teased or beaten up. Many bullied children kill themselves each year.

Also, those opposing SD have blood on their hands as well.

No matter what we do, this pandemic will kill people. There is no easy solution.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:05 pm
And advocates of no masks, no social distancing have blood on their hands for all the covid deaths that could have been prevented.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:10 pm
Believe it or not, it's possible to be pro-SD and pro-mask, but anti-lockdown and mass shutdown. I never said a word about masks or SD. I believe there is irreparable harm being caused by school shutdowns. Open the schools with proper safety protocols. It can be done, as proven by many yeshivas and other private schools that have been safely open these last 3 months.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Believe it or not, it's possible to be pro-SD and pro-mask, but anti-lockdown and mass shutdown. I never said a word about masks or SD. I believe there is irreparable harm being caused by school shutdowns. Open the schools with proper safety protocols. It can be done, as proven by many yeshivas and other private schools that have been safely open these last 3 months.

Correct. It is possible. Sadly many people don't care.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:18 pm
So give options. Let kids go in or learn remotely. Many, many people advocate for prioritizing getting the kids into school above all other things. It's better for most kids, and it lets their parents work. And I'm not even talking about all the special needs kids and young adults who have regressed years worth of progress. Parents who are extra careful and won't send their other kids in are willing to send them.

Give people choices. If they feel comfortable exercising in a gym, let them go. Physical therapy visits are way up because people couldn't/can't get to their gyms and injuries are coming back. If they're too worried, don't go. Have senior hours with extra precautions and distance. Seniors are getting depression too.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
So give options. Let kids go in or learn remotely. Many, many people advocate for prioritizing getting the kids into school above all other things. It's better for most kids, and it lets their parents work. And I'm not even talking about all the special needs kids and young adults who have regressed years worth of progress. Parents who are extra careful and won't send their other kids in are willing to send them.

Give people choices. If they feel comfortable exercising in a gym, let them go. Physical therapy visits are way up because people couldn't/can't get to their gyms and injuries are coming back. If they're too worried, don't go. Have senior hours with extra precautions and distance. Seniors are getting depression too.

Yeah, this doesn't work. For many reasons.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:42 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Correct. It is possible. Sadly many people don't care.

Part of the protocol, however, is to close the school if there are too many cases.

Lockdowns are harming businesses but either people are SDing, which means that they might not eat in restaurants anyway or they don't care if they catch/transmit the virus and will go out but society will pay in terms of hospital capacity.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:45 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Research in Israel demonstrated that the elderly are safe to socialize with each other but not with the young. Elderly people can be presymptomatic carriers but are rarely asymptomatic carriers.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:48 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
And advocates of no masks, no social distancing have blood on their hands for all the covid deaths that could have been prevented.

There’s a happy medium. You can advocate wearing a mask without shutting down life forever. And anyway, if you’re to scared, just stay home. What about if you’re being forced to stay home and it’s destroying you? What options do those people have? Answer: no options.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 12:57 pm
I am so horrified by this article!! Crying Crying
if anyone ever needed proof well here it is.
happy now?
now do you believe us?
now can we reopen schools again?
no?
still not enough?
ok lets wait for more tragedies... Punch

southernbubby wrote:
Research in Israel demonstrated that the elderly are safe to socialize with each other but not with the young. Elderly people can be presymptomatic carriers but are rarely asymptomatic carriers.

this is not true. I know an elderly man who was scheduled for surgery, with many preexisting conditions. he was tested for covid as a precaution and he was positive.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:01 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
There’s a happy medium. You can advocate wearing a mask without shutting down life forever. And anyway, if you’re to scared, just stay home. What about if you’re being forced to stay home and it’s destroying you? What options do those people have? Answer: no options.

If everyone did this, there'd be no need for lockdown in the first place. The problem is that people are refusing to wear masks, refusing to end large gatherings, refusing to find a happy medium, insisting that life be 100% normal again, no holds barred.

What if you're forced to work because otherwise your family will end up starving on the streets, but those around you keep no precautions? What options do you have? Answer: No options.

We are all in this together. We need to work together. There is no such thing as "you do your thing, I'll do my thing." It doesn't work that way.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:01 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Source?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:10 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

And you know that how?

I don’t advocate no masks, and I beleive we should try to do the most we can, but seriously, that’s a strong, yet clueless statement to make.

There is absolutely no proven info with These things.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
If everyone did this, there'd be no need for lockdown in the first place. The problem is that people are refusing to wear masks, refusing to end large gatherings, refusing to find a happy medium, insisting that life be 100% normal again, no holds barred.

What if you're forced to work because otherwise your family will end up starving on the streets, but those around you keep no precautions? What options do you have? Answer: No options.

We are all in this together. We need to work together. There is no such thing as "you do your thing, I'll do my thing." It doesn't work that way.

What a load of BS!
Masks weren’t even recommended yet back in March at the first wave!

And seriously, if you met someone masked , but positive for Coronavirus back in March, would you go near them?
Of course not! I’d be terrified.

So masks are all very nice now, but it wouldn’t prevent the lockdown.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
What a load of BS!
Masks weren’t even recommended yet back in March at the first wave!

And seriously, if you met someone masked , but positive for Coronavirus back in March, would you go near them?
Of course not! I’d be terrified.

So masks are all very nice now, but it wouldn’t prevent the lockdown.

Anyone positive for coronavirus is supposed to be in quarantine. Masks are so that you won't spread coronavirus to others if you are asymptomatic or presymptomatic and aren't aware of it.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:25 pm
That's very sad.

I want to point out that for many children, virtual learning is better, because they are no longer teased or beaten up. Many bullied children kill themselves each year.

No matter what we do, this pandemic will kill people. There is no easy solution.

Um, what about cyber bullying? My son never had any issues when they were in school full time. Now they spend a lot of time on the computer and my son became a victim of cyber bullying on Google hangouts

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:27 pm
There truly are no easy answers. I myself became suicidal during lockdown last year and due to health issues would be prone again if ch"v things shut down again. I'm thankful the schools here are open but I'm also worried. My daughter came home over a half hour late because kids on her bus refused to wear their masks and the driver had to return to the school. If kids are unable to follow the rules, the schools just may need to shut down r"l.

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:31 pm
That's very sad.

If YOU wear masks and YOU social distance, how is a group of teens who oppose SD and make different choices, going to affect you? They're young, and therefore low risk, so they are not going to be flooding hospitals as a group.

Forcing virtual learning on a child is very impactful on that child's life.

A child choosing to hang out with friends won't actually impact anyone outside his friend group & their contacts who DON'T social distance and DON'T wear masks.

Just common sense.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:35 pm
Heartbreaking
I don't agree that kids staying home is healthier. Kids need to leave the house. You can't protect them from everything. If they don't learn how to deal with people (even sadly bullies) when they are young how do you expect them to integrate to society when they get older. People need interaction with humans not just screens. Depression is no joke.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics