Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Any metalheads here?🤘
1  2  Next

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 3:41 pm
I love metal, Hardrock, prog rock, and everything. ( I also love Jazz and blues though)
As a teen I listened a lot of Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Kamelot, and Metallica (more rock) and I still do and I'm still loving it.
Also, I'm really a fan of Aryeon which is more progmetal

Ok any more more metalheads here? 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Redbird

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:22 pm
I like bands such as sixx:A.M, seether, breaking Benjamin, evanescence, citizen soldier, nickleback, three days grace...

I guess those are heard rock / alt metal. I'm would love to to discover more.

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:23 pm
I like some hard metal and love to workout to hair metal bands from the 80's.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:26 pm
I go more symphonic rock, so many Viking and Celtic references.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:39 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I go more symphonic rock, so many Viking and Celtic references.

Oh yeah is nice I got my dad this think u like this... Riverside is also really good

Last edited by Chickensoupprof on Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:43 pm
Also Pirate Rock is totally a genre.

I have never gotten drunk in my life, I never particularly plan to, but the sheer chaotic glee of this song speaks to some suppressed part of me 😁

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:44 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

I have never gotten drunk in my life, I never particularly plan to, but the sheer chaotic glee of this song speaks to some suppressed part of me 😁

OMG ALESTORM hahahahahha that was a thing in my teens I edit the the yt link u should listen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsaTPrnafRs

Redbird

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:45 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

This is fun!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:51 pm
This is acoustic Appalachian Rock, not metal or heavy at all, but I think y’all on this thread might enjoy:

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:55 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
OMG ALESTORM hahahahahha that was a thing in my teens I edit the the yt link u should listen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsaTPrnafRs

I wanna go dance in a forest!! 💚

There’s something so ancient and intense about this stuff

Last edited by bigsis144 on Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:55 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
This is acoustic Appalachian Rock, not metal or heavy at all, but I think y’all on this thread might enjoy:

Hahahaha this is really funny but some men better don't go shirtless... if u have good abbs OK.

As a teen I was in love with the leadsinger of Finntroll LOL

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 4:57 pm
I see now that I didn't had any taste back then... oy

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:01 pm
What genre is this? Do I even care?
SHAKE THAT BAGPIPE

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:06 pm
The science fiction tv show Battlestar Galactica had an amazing, eclectic score.

Bear McCreary (the composer) is a genius.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:09 pm
ever heard of mongolian rock?

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:13 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
ever heard of mongolian rock?

I love the video you posted, and how the judge is getting INTO it!!

The HU!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:20 pm
Chickensoupprof, are the pagan influences in a lot of this style of music more apparent to you because you’re European?

I hear songs in German and I can plead ignorance to whether they’re truly problematic avoda zara or just really really intense Druidic inspiration and cosplay.

I probably still shouldn’t listen, and I try not to too often, but I just get that itch sometimes. These are subcultures that I would very likely dip my toes... and ankles... and knees... into if I wasn’t frum.

So then I listen to stuff in that style, but with at-least-neutral lyrics:

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Dec 02 2020, 5:25 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Chickensoupprof, are the pagan influences in a lot of this style of music more apparent to you because you’re European?

I hear songs in German and I can plead ignorance to whether they’re truly problematic avoda zara or just really really intense Druidic inspiration and cosplay.

I probably still shouldn’t listen, and I try not to too often, but I just get that itch sometimes. These are subcultures that I would very likely dip my toes... and ankles... and knees... into if I wasn’t frum.

I don't lknow I'm rally going to bed though. I wasn't into pagan stuff as a teen, in EU they are also neonazi sometimes. Rammstein is never pagan though and the misconception is that they are neonazi while one of the bandmembers has married an Israeli Jewish woman and has I thought also a kid from her and one of their producers is a Jew. And I understand their German however my husband doesn't allow me to sing it though... I listened a lot of Blind Guardian and they are often quoting folk myths and Lord of the Rings I tried to be a fantasy fan girl but failed.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 8:09 pm
Anyone mention Bad Wolves?
Oh mannnnnn. I had their cover of Zombies on a non-stop loop today at work. I get chills 10/10 times that I listen to it. I came home today totally frying my vocal chords just belting it out while I did everything.
Abs if you don’t play the air guitar during the electric guitar solo, you’re doing it wrong.

https://youtu.be/9XaS93WMRQQ

skyeblue

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:18 am
bigsis144 wrote:

Here's Russian (Latvian?) band Otava Yo. It has Celtic influences, and interestingly has an Appalachian sound.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....Gjdws

Posting google search link, as I need to stay off YouTube these days - too addictive.

I used to listen to Metallica. Powerful stuff, but I try to stay away from it as it gets me into dark places - depression, anger, self-pity.

Oh - also check out Imagine Dragons' song Cutthroat. Awesome.
And while we're at it, their song Natural (minus the yucky video - try one of the other videos).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts