Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminary in israel for next year

eli321

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 2:26 am
Hi, we are looking for a seminary in israel for next year
I don't know anything about seminaries so any info would help.
LOOKING FOR
▪️a frum, yeshivish, but very open minded type of crowd. Girls that have solid hashkafot
▪️A smaller seminary
▪️a seminary where the girls have close to the teachers
▪️very hashkafa oriented, not too much work, but able to do a bit academic, learn deep concepts
▪️very growth oriented
▪️ preferably in Jerusalem
We we're told to look into ki tov, binas, and bnos avigail, if anyone has any info abt these seminaries or any others that seem appropriate it would be very highly appreciated.
Thanks.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 1:34 pm
I don't know much about the seminaries you mentioned, I'm also doing research for my 12th grader!
from what I've heard binas is not open minded!
Good luck!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 2:24 pm
Look into Keser Chaya and Kitov. Bnos Avigayil has a lot of work, but it’s project based rather than memorizing.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 3:03 pm
eli321 wrote:
Hi, we are looking for a seminary in israel for next year
I don't know anything about seminaries so any info would help.
LOOKING FOR
▪️a frum, yeshivish, but very open minded type of crowd. Girls that have solid hashkafot
▪️A smaller seminary
▪️a seminary where the girls have close to the teachers
▪️very hashkafa oriented, not too much work, but able to do a bit academic, learn deep concepts
▪️very growth oriented
▪️ preferably in Jerusalem
We we're told to look into ki tov, binas, and bnos avigail, if anyone has any info abt these seminaries or any others that seem appropriate it would be very highly appreciated.
Thanks.

I went to Bnos Avigail, and it is very simalar to what you are looking for.
It is very frum, but a lot of the girls come from out of town communities which give it that open minded type of crowd.

It's definately bigger now than when I went, but I believe that it is about 70-80 girls
It is run by Rabbi Kass and Rebetzin Heller, and the lessons are all very deep. It is a very academic seminary, but that being said, it is more focused on the learning in class rather than out of class reports and things like that.
It's on Neve campus in Har Nof, which I really liked because we were on the same campus as many other seminaries which is nice and it is also a beautiful campus.

Feel free to ask me any more questions.

Smileforme

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 6:07 pm
I went to Rinas a few years ago, I also worked there until last year as I moved back to USA.

There are in town out of town as well as from overseas.

They have 60 girls, it's a very warm family feeling.

It's yeshivish, academic and there extra curricular programs are amazing!!!

The principal Mrs Friedman is a super nice person, her mother is Rebbetzin Kalmanowitz. Amazing family. Always there for the girls.

They have a special Shabbos program, where the girls are never left with worrying about where they are going. It's all arranged for them. They go on Shabbatons etc.

I could go on and on....

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 6:09 pm
All those mentioned make sense. Not Kesser Chaya, it’s a little more yeshivish then it sounds you are looking for.

eli321

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:03 pm
[quote="amother [ Seafoam ]"]
Thanks !!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:12 pm
What about Peninim? Or Ateres? Darchei Bina?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 7:57 pm
Those aren’t yeshivish really.

eli321

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
What about Peninim? Or Ateres? Darchei Bina?

Thanks but looking for more yeshivish

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 8:36 pm
My sister went to Bnos Sarah many years ago. I think the crowd is right for you, but I don't know as much about the workload. Hopefully someone who went there more recently can comment if the workload would be manageable to more than you're looking for.

Java

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My sister went to Bnos Sarah many years ago. I think the crowd is right for you, but I don't know as much about the workload. Hopefully someone who went there more recently can comment if the workload would be manageable to more than you're looking for.

Bnos sarah has a lot of high level work

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 9:29 pm
bnos sarah is a top seminary with more out of town crowd.
I cant really figure out your type because you say you want yeshivish but you write "hashkafot" so im slightly confused.
Im very young but half these seminaries mentioned werent around in my days. I was in seminary about 10 years ago, now im feeling old...
keser chaya is a very non academic seminary, as is binas. both are more chilled bais yaakov type, not modern at all, not intense. Would she want BYA? a good solid seminary with good solid girls, both in town and out of town.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 9:54 pm
chayamo wrote:
bnos sarah is a top seminary with more out of town crowd.
I cant really figure out your type because you say you want yeshivish but you write "hashkafot" so im slightly confused.
Im very young but half these seminaries mentioned werent around in my days. I was in seminary about 10 years ago, now im feeling old...
keser chaya is a very non academic seminary, as is binas. both are more chilled bais yaakov type, not modern at all, not intense. Would she want BYA? a good solid seminary with good solid girls, both in town and out of town.

BYA's hanhala is very far from open-minded.

What about Ateres?

cat81

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:47 pm
Following Thread as my DD is in the same boat.

My 12th grade daughter’s school principal/seminary point person suggested:

Bnos Sarah
Chemdas
Machon Raya

Can anyone describe these places, and what happens to the girls when they finish? I am clueless as to any of them.

Background: my DD is a frum out of towner, that is interested in college/career and not a Kollel lifestyle at all. She is looking to grow both socially and academically, but not worked to death.

I am not locked into the above 3 options, so feel free to mention any others. Seminar and Bnos Avigayil have been mentioned as well.

Thanks for everyone’s advice

cat81

Post Sat, Dec 26 2020, 11:09 pm
Can anyone share with me the contact info for a Bnos Avigayil student, either someone whose there right now or went last year? Trying to find someone for DD to call and ask questions, and no one went there from her school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics