Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Letters to the Editor: Ridiculous Edition
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

BH Yom Yom

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:43 pm
shanie5 wrote:
And what if one is allergic to flowers?
How about this? Will we live even longer with nine tails?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....bes=1

Of course! Cats have nine lives, so if you use a cat o’nine tails, you avoid the shailos and the allergens, AND it’s reusable! Plus it’s a segula for extra arichus yomim because it’s meramez to the nine lives cats have.

HindaF

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 12:14 am
Wow! Beautiful! Your explanation was so inspiring!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:17 am
kenz wrote:
Well, that's a whole other issue that's been mauled to death. I thought we were talking about people thinking it was a couple, not the women vs. no women in magazines again.

It did look like a couple to me when I was just flipping throw the magazine. I was shocked to see such pictures I almost did not read the article

GLUE

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:50 am
Dear Editor,

I found myself agreeing to everything Mrs. S Berger wrote. Such a special woman to understand the danger not just to bury her head in the sand like so many other people.

Then I read this piece of junk the next week were someone was defending technology HOW HOW???
Then I reread the letter and saw that she was using technology to defend her selfish self. MY MOTHER IN LAW LOVES TO COOK. Nobody likes to cook that is why we outsource it on to our kids. Here this poor woman raised all her kids, now instead of her grandchildren(or daughter in law) making her food with love, she has to relearn how to cook and with a new type of oven. The daughter in law should be bring her food not using technology.

Obesity is a big problem now a days. I can see why, instead of making her child walk home and burn off calories she picks him up from school. What is this lady thinking why is she making her child over weight? She is also babying him,by making him depend on her for things he should be doing him self. In a nutshell this women is bragging how her use of technology is making her son fat and over depended on her.

See how technology is turning the world upside down and making people think that things that are bad are really good.

Mrs. Turnapot

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 2:57 am
Dear editor,
I want to cancel my subscription. You published a letter about obesity and it hit a raw nerve.
Thanks for all the entertainment but I’ll have to find something else instead.
Btw my hazmat suit is getting tight. So weird that they shrink without ever washing.
My mask still fits so it’s not me.
All the best,
Extra Layers

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 8:08 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Dear Editor,

Thank you for printing the piece about R' Chaim Berelowitz. My parents also lived in the Bronx. My father owned a butcher shop there, back when a steak cost 9 cents. My father married his first wife in 1928, and when she died during childbirth together with the baby, he went into deep depression. The Rav of his shul, Rabbi Teitelbaum Zecher Tzadik v'kadosh l'vracha, told him about my mother, who was his sister's brother-in-law's cousin and had just gotten off the boat from Europe. She was from the town of Chechnik, in Lithuania, to where her parents had moved after Rabbi Simon died in 1911. During the first world war they lost all their possessions, but only my mother managed to get to America. After they met and subsequently decided to marry, my mother in her great joy at finding her match promised to work and save money in order to bring her parents to the wedding. Sadly, that was not to be. Her parents died of old age before the money reached them. My mother died of a broken heart when I was young. She blamed herself her whole life for not getting the money sooner. If only they would have had the doctors available in the golden medina!I was my parents 6th child. I grew up a happy boy with lots of friends. When I was 21 I met my wife, Susie. Together we have been happily married for over 50 years. We live today in Eretz Yisroel, like we always dreamed.
Thank you again for your wonderful magazine,
Shmuel Tzvibel
Jerusalem

There was such a style letter to the editor in the Ami this week it had me literally laughing out loud thinking of this one.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 8:52 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Dear editor,
I want to cancel my subscription. You published a letter about obesity and it hit a raw nerve.
Thanks for all the entertainment but I’ll have to find something else instead.
Btw my hazmat suit is getting tight. So weird that they shrink without ever washing.
My mask still fits so it’s not me.
All the best,
Extra Layers

Dear editor,
You published a letter by many layers last week and it was so emotionally laden with more layers than a Spanish onion and infinitely more pungent as it brought bitter tears to my eyes.
Obesity is not a subject that should be spoken about publicly and in a Jewish magazine no less. It is an intensely private battle that should remain shoved under the rug for no one to see and discuss. And especially since it may disturb those anorexic kinfolks and cause jealousy but that’s besides the point really.
The point is: if we don’t talk about it we won’t see it.
Signed, with tears-
Anonymous

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 12:44 am
Dear Editor,
I'd like to reply to the woman who insists that topics such as obesity should be "shoved under the rug". With all due respect to her rug, my rug is already full of so many issues that my couch almost reaches the ceiling. There is mental illness( all types), the yeshiva system, the seminary application process, the high school application process, divorce in the frum community, ASD and marriage, and not divulging sensitive medical information to the shadchan . All of that already has my 8 x 10 rug maxed out. There is no more room for obesity much as I'm inclined to agree with her that it should be added. But not everyone can afford a carpet!
Sincerely,
Bumping my head against the ceiling

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 12:50 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Dear Editor,
I'd like to reply to the woman who insists that topics such as obesity should be "shoved under the rug". With all due respect to her rug, my rug is already full of so many issues that my couch almost reaches the ceiling. There is mental illness( all types), the yeshiva system, the seminary application process, the high school application process, divorce in the frum community, ASD and marriage, and not divulging sensitive medical information to the shadchan . All of that already has my 8 x 10 rug maxed out. There is no more room for obesity much as I'm inclined to agree with her that it should be added. But not everyone can afford a carpet!
Sincerely,
Bumping my head against the ceiling

Dear editor,
This letter is in response to bumping my head:
Self harm? Is that what we have stooped to? I would refer you to my therapist but of course I don’t have one.
Please cancel my subscription.

GLUE

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 12:53 am
Dear Editor,

I would have written earlier except that everything that comes into my house must sit in the quarantine room for 30 days, then go through a sanitizing process before aloud into my house.(I must say that I really miss cucumbers, pickles are just not the same.)

I thought of going into a hazmat suit but then found out that it would be to much to care for it(with the Oxygen tank and everything..)Instead I hired a company that would make my whole house like a hazmat suit and take care of all the thing. You can reach them at Very Clean Air or VCA for short or their #555-5555(the owner is also my brother-in-law).Try it and be amazed at the difference.

I do not understand how anyone could have a cleaning lady in these difficult times, I know I have a very small house. It is only a 3500 square foot shack(not counting the attic, basement, and 3 car garage)but, it is still hard to keep clean. However do to these on unprecedented times it would be to dangerous to allow a stranger into my house just to clean it.

Just Trying To Stop The Spread

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 1:08 am
Dear Editor,

I noticed that you had an article praising Rabbi Beirish Bonker as a truly unique individual. The claim was made based on his custom of reading the entire Sefer Tehillim every day.

I wanted you to be aware that this is not a unique custom at all; in fact my wife reads the entire Sefer Tehillim each day as well, and I recite it twice per day.

I read the article hoping to be inspired, and instead I was disappointed that nowadays the bar for Gadlus seems to be so low.

I would appreciate if more effort was made to seek out truly special individuals to profile in future issues. (If you would like to interview me, I can be reached at this address.)

Sincerely,

Disappointed Reader

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 5:37 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
There was such a style letter to the editor in the Ami this week it had me literally laughing out loud thinking of this one.

I was reading old Ami s on shabbos and thinking to myself that we could just post the actual letters and laugh about them instead of inventing new ones.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 5:42 am
WitchKitty wrote:
I was reading old Ami s on shabbos and thinking to myself that we could just post the actual letters and laugh about them instead of inventing new ones.

LOL

Here’s the one that reminded me of yours on Shabbos but of course yours is way funnier.

motheroftoo

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:11 am
Bump too funny

Debbie

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:37 am
I know I'm rather late to the party but I had to write the letter below to the Hamodia.

Dear Editor.
After the passing of her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II I did expect you might pay tribute to her; however I was quite shocked to see a picture of HM's face along with your tribute, all be it was a picture of her face on a coin.
Indeed those who reside in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth might be used to seeing HM's face on their currency, but I would have expected a higher standard from a publication such as yours!
Shocked from Tzfat.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics