Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Go ahead with blood work if child feeling better?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 8:54 pm
My 3 year old has been really tired and weak since succos and many days I said that its time to do some blood work but first tried getting him to bed earlier, making sure he has eaten properly...until last week Monday, we had a very difficult Shabbos and Sunday, he was literally begging to sleep and he had slept 13hr night, then on Monday after school I wanted to go out and he asked to go in a stroller which really surprised me because we have not used it in such a long time, so I called the dr office.
On Wed the dr called me back in the evening and I explained what is going on and she asked a few questions eg if he has been vomiting (which he has a couple of times and never does)so I was really glad I called. She said she will book him in for blood work. On that Wed my son came home with much more energy, different to the last 2 months and since then he has been back to his old self.
What would you do, should I have the tests done, or leave it?

realsilver

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 8:57 pm
Definitely have the tests done!
You don’t to ch”v miss anything, and it’s better to do these things earlier rather then later.

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 8:58 pm
I would do it

IsraeliSoul

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 9:03 pm
Bh he’s doing well, but I would go ahead and do the bloodwork just to be on the safe side

dankbar

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 10:09 pm
DO IT!

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 10:17 pm
And test for Lyme as well...fatigue is hallmark symptom. C6 peptide
. Not just western blot

abaker

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 10:20 pm
Yes! Do the bloodwork just incase. Better safe than sorry. May he continue to be back to his old self and the bloodwork be just a minor inconvenience.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 8:54 pm
We got the results and I was really glad I did it as he started feeling unwell again last week.
Bh everything is fine but he is low on Iron, he is now taking some iron supplements and his behaviour has been great the last few days. Smile
Seems like he was week which made him behave agitated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics