Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Chicken pox

suomynona

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 11:51 am
My daughter's babysitter called and said that some of the children came down with chicken pox. Should I keep her home and if yes, for how long?
She's almost 4 months old.

Newsie

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 2:16 am
she's already been exposed and the other kids have also- and she (or they) could get in anytime in the next two weeks. On the plus side- she could still be getting immunity from your placenta (I think up to 6 months) and if you're nursing her- then even more immunity. I would probably send her, but ask your doctor

cdawnr

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 6:09 am
Just finished with Chicken Pox...My son had it (3.5 yrs) and passed it to the baby, who was just under 5 months at the time. It came out 2 weeks later. CP can take up to 2.5 wks to show...

I think it is ok to send baby to daycare, since daycare has already been exposed, and just do evening body checks for any strange looking spots. My baby's 1st one was on her tush and looked like a pimple at first (and my sil, whose baby had it also during the week between when my kids had it -- they were all exposed to shingles -- said the same thing, pimple on tush). I only really noticed it because the major break out was on her scalp and since she has hardly any hair...

On the bright side, the baby was FAR less bothered by it than her brother. She never got a temp from it and didn't seem to notice the itching.

Good luck.

If she gets it and you need advice, feel free to pm.

(You're not in Montreal are you?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics