Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Impulsive neutotypical child
Previous  1  2

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:08 pm
My kids are like this. Extremely head strong, impulsive, stubborn and oppositional. Yes they are also brilliant and creative, but exhausting and have difficulty regulating. They don’t qualify for any diagnosis. We’ve seen tremendous improvement by removing gluten, dairy and dyes from their diet, and limiting sugar. We also supplement with several calming vitamins and the difference is amazing. When we go off them for a bit the behaviors creep right back in. The vitamin regimen is not that hard to implement, and they are so much happier this way.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Decided that what I think is impulsivity might be creativity.

It doesn't have to be either/or. Most of the time there's some of both, especially when impulsivity is still developmentally expected to an extent.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
My kids are like this. Extremely head strong, impulsive, stubborn and oppositional. Yes they are also brilliant and creative, but exhausting and have difficulty regulating. They don’t qualify for any diagnosis. We’ve seen tremendous improvement by removing gluten, dairy and dyes from their diet, and limiting sugar. We also supplement with several calming vitamins and the difference is amazing. When we go off them for a bit the behaviors creep right back in. The vitamin regimen is not that hard to implement, and they are so much happier this way.

Yes, this is her exactly! Which vitamins?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
BH also only positive regards from school. She is loads of fun. Always has a story to tell.

This is exactly my child as well.

School is amazing but at home Banging head

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, this is her exactly! Which vitamins?
We do loads of magnesium, methylated b vitamins, gaba, l theanine and 5htp. We also treat for chronic strep and yeast, and this is a huge piece for us. The behaviors always get way worse with strep, so we make sure to treat aggressively. Keep in mind that every kid is different and will respond differently to interventions. This is what has worked for us. What I like about these interventions is that they are gentle, my kids are still their brilliant, creative little selves, but the franticness is gone, they seem so much more at peace.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:31 pm
We do loads of magnesium, methylated b vitamins, gaba, l theanine and 5htp. We also treat for chronic strep and yeast, and this is a huge piece for us. The behaviors always get way worse with strep, so we make sure to treat aggressively. Keep in mind that every kid is different and will respond differently to interventions. This is what has worked for us. What I like about these interventions is that they are gentle, my kids are still their brilliant, creative little selves, but the franticness is gone, they seem so much more at peace.

How much magnesium do you give? How old is your child?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:32 pm
SuperWify wrote:
This is exactly my child as well.

School is amazing but at home Banging head

I found my tribe LOL

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:37 pm
SuperWify wrote:
How much magnesium do you give? How old is your child?
We aim for 5mg per lb of body weight, divided into several different forms. We also do magnesium footsoaks for transdermal magnesium — these are great for raising cellular levels quickly as it bypasses the gut, and we found them incredibly calming, especially if done consistently.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 1:47 pm
We aim for 5mg per lb of body weight, divided into several different forms. We also do magnesium footsoaks for transdermal magnesium — these are great for raising cellular levels quickly as it bypasses the gut, and we found them incredibly calming, especially if done consistently.

Sounds cool.. but honestly our really understanding..

Are you taking them under any practitioner? How do you know what to do?

My child like the magnesium gummies and I’m happy to give them if I know it’s safe and the correct dosage for a 30 pound 3.5 year old.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 3:27 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Sounds cool.. but honestly our really understanding..

Are you taking them under any practitioner? How do you know what to do?

My child like the magnesium gummies and I’m happy to give them if I know it’s safe and the correct dosage for a 30 pound 3.5 year old.
I don’t know which gummies you’re referring to but most common gummies are not the forms that are best absorbed by the body and cells. We aren’t doing this under the care of a provider but I’ve done a lot of research and feel comfortable with what I’m doing. We use bloodwork to guide us, red blood cell magnesium is the best indicator for cellular magnesium levels. Most people are really deficient. We always start low and work up slowly and stop if a child seems not to be tolerating it well. Keep in mind, the protocol we did works together, I’m not sure you’re going to get noticeable results from magnesium alone.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers