Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Naki radio alternative?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 5:56 pm
We LOVE Naki Radio but it seems to be very delicate and we have just broken our 2nd in 1 year. I am looking for alternatives. I see a few apps that allow for listening to different free Jewish music stations. However, I want my kids to be able to use this and they do not have phone access. A site like jewishmusicstream.com plays a pre-set list of songs. Is there a website where I can pay for a subscription and we can switch around to different online Jewish music and story stations?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:01 pm
Do you have the bigger or smaller version? I have the bigger one and it's not fragile at all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:05 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Do you have the bigger or smaller version? I have the bigger one and it's not fragile at all.

I have the smaller. But my kids like to take it around the house and they constantly fight over it, switch stations, etc. It just doesn't seem to hold up to the wear and tear. I wonder if I should invest in the bigger.

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have the smaller. But my kids like to take it around the house and they constantly fight over it, switch stations, etc. It just doesn't seem to hold up to the wear and tear. I wonder if I should invest in the bigger.

Interesting my second one also just broke.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:17 pm
I have the bigger connected to my house speaker system so it stays always in one place but my whole family has it for about a year (we all got it as a present last chanukah) and it seems to be holding up just fine. Also the bigger one has a remote so no need to really touch the actual device.

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:25 pm
Maybe I should invest in the bigger one.
It was worth every penny. It’s the most used item in my house.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:33 pm
cnc wrote:
Maybe I should invest in the bigger one.
It was worth every penny. It’s the most used item in my house.

I was thinking the same but my kids don't really take such good care of it so I feel like it would be rewarding their negligence. :-(

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 6:34 pm
We're on our second small one too. But I buy it from Amazon and buy insurance on it. It's around $7 but they cover a lot of issues and are great about replacing.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 8:27 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
We're on our second small one too. But I buy it from Amazon and buy insurance on it. It's around $7 but they cover a lot of issues and are great about replacing.

Wow brilliant idea!!!! If you reach out to naki they may be able to help you out. We got a discount on our second one after the first broke even though it was likely that my kids broke it (told them that) for the same reasons as stated above, shlepping it all over the house etc

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 8:35 pm
I had one that broke. Then my son opened it and found a tiny wire that got unplugged from something in there. He pushed it back in, then it worked!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics