Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Naki Radio - help

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 9:58 am
I saved up for a few months to get the Naki radio, we don’t usually give any Chanuka gifts at all because not in our budget. (My kids don’t know better, oldest is 10 so no need to feel bad Wink
I figured I will enjoy the music and my kids can enjoy the stories.
Now comes where I need help
-when we unplug it doesn’t work, is that how it’s supposed to be? It’s really annoying. (Has been charging for days)
- kids chose some gedolim stories and right away it started a story and after a few min it said go pay premium $5 a month???
I can’t afford that but also don’t want to!! I’m so annoyed, are most stories interrupted and want me to pay more?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:04 am
No! I think you are using it wrong. Did you connect radio to your WiFi?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:08 am
Yes
The radio stations are working, so I can listen to music (but I don’t have a good plug in the kitchen..)
For the stories my kids go into libraries

srbmom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:12 am
You have to open up the battery compartment and switch the battery to "on" (not sure why they make it like that...)
As far as the channels they have a whole new system. You need to go on to their website and make an account for the portal. There you can see all the channels they offer and you could switch which ones you want to show up on your radio and which ones not. It also tells you which ones are free and which ones need a paid subscription. There are many many many free ones to choose from.
But yes the whole thing has gotten a bit confusing

flower2

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:16 am
You need to add batteries to make it portable.

Re: gedolim stories, it's by far my kids favorite. There are prob like 8 hours or so of free stories- the entire Chasam Sofer (I've heard the stories many times w my kids and they really are good).
That commercial comes on like 2x during the 20min story.
To get access to the new stories, after chasam Sofer, there is a separate paid subscription channel for $5/month. We got that too bc it's far and away my kid's favorite and those don't have commercials that I've noticed.

Last edited by flower2 on Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 10:17 am
Thank you so much, this information is very helpful!
I am still quite annoyed that they are charging for some stations, I didn’t see that ANYWHERE when I purchased it..

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 2:02 pm
srbmom wrote:
You have to open up the battery compartment and switch the battery to "on" (not sure why they make it like that...)
As far as the channels they have a whole new system. You need to go on to their website and make an account for the portal. There you can see all the channels they offer and you could switch which ones you want to show up on your radio and which ones not. It also tells you which ones are free and which ones need a paid subscription. There are many many many free ones to choose from.
But yes the whole thing has gotten a bit confusing

Thank you for this. But it says online to enter the temporary id. They say it’s by station list but it’s not on my radio. I emailed them but does anyone have other ideas?

srbmom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 3:29 pm
Do you have the latest software update? Maybe you need to update first to get the ID

Also I've found their response time to be pretty quick, so hopefully they can help you

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:07 pm
Has anyone figured out how to connect to the portal?
It says to enter the temporary ID which I’m following instructions and copying my radios ID but no matter what it says the id is incorrect.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:13 pm
You can contact them support@nakiradio.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics