Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim ideas (I know its a bit early)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mandksima

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 4:41 pm
Woah - I thought I was being super early by starting my kid's costumes but it looks like I'm a little late! I went to the fabric store and got cheap remnants. I'm having fun sewing a red riding hood outfit for my DD, a woodsman/hunter for my DS, a wolf hat and tail for my DH, and a grandma sleeping hat for me (I'll probably wear a loose robe/nightgown with an apron over it.) For shaloch manot, I was thinking bread (homemade or bought roll), jam/jelly, maybe cookies. I can put it in a small wicker-like basket. Anyone have a cute poem or other ideas? I probably won't do many Shaloch Manot and I'll have to write a few poems in Hebrew for my Israeli neighbors. Can anyone help me with the Hebrew?

stsmommy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 5:00 pm
Quote:
Anyone have a cute poem or other ideas?

How about something along the lines of "what Big..."
just an idea

Seraph

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 6:18 pm
I think I'm gonna dress up as a chassidista and my husband as a chossid...
How about I dress uriel up as a little yingele... What would I do?
What else chassidishe can I dress uriel up as? He'll be 6 mos old...

I did a chassidish theme one year, I had a really cute poem... Just ask a mama bear about it...

cdawnr

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 9:29 pm
Since we are in a new community we are going ot repeat our theme from two years ago and go Scottish. My husband has scottish background and owns a genuine kilt (with the ugliest long socks you have ever seen!) and even the pouch for the front (can't remember the name).

A relative of mine got ds a kilt from scotland when she went. It is a size 2 but I think it will still fit him. DD1 has a plaid skirt and my mil said she has her mother's Scottish shawl...and the baby, just as we did with dd1 2 yrs ago, will be the Loch ness Monster.

Then I do a whole Scottish feast with all Scottish recipes. It's heavey on the whiskey so it fits right in lol.

cdawnr

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 9:30 pm
OP are you in a community with a lot of kosher stuff. Are there any candies sold in whistles (I have no idea as I never get candy.)

oh! I just thought of one, but it may be deragatory to cops -- doughnuts!

ganizzy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 11:01 pm
we gave out a sectional platter (like a candy dish) with cream cheese, avocodo, tuna and eggsalad and added bagels and a drink. everyone was thrilled. cousins of mine had her kids wear cow costumes and they gave out the shalach manos in a pail. there was choc milk and I dont remember what else

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 10:44 am
I hate to give stuff that needs to be refrigerated in case ppl aren't home.

sbs

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:12 pm
my dd is dressing up like a hairdresser, with a coat, and a blowdryer, and curling iron in her pocket.
I was thinking I could extend the theme inot a beautician including makeup etc...
I need some shalach manos ideas,
first I was thinking maybe nuts and chocolates in a spritz bottle, but it has a very small mouth.
then I though maybe stuff inside a makeup bag, but I don't know where to find cheap ones, and I'm not sure what to put inside that has to do with makeup/hair (except wafer rolls "rollers".)
I also thought I can tie in a poem about how the girls spend all that time getting ready to go to achashveirosh.
any ideas?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 9:53 pm
for the safety theme I did- a red box with a little white purse and I made a red cross sign on it and put in red and white candies, out of chocolete molds I made little cars and wrapped it in red and blue foil for police and fire car and also red fire hats
then a few more things but my mind isnt working well now-I think fire hat and police hat cookies in the colored glittery sprinkles and when I tied it I put a whistle on top and made a cute safety sign and wrote some cute sayings and put them in stop signs

now its pooh tigger and piglet and making a picnic theme and cute peom-will put in baby carrots, banana(kool aid) orange juice, some fake bugs.....

avimom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 1:12 pm
sbs- cute idea!
you can give out lipstick candy, "blow" pops (for blow-dry), "blush" wine or grape juice, a plastic "mask" for mascara (I know it's not food...), jelly rings for hair gel, spray candy for hair spray...
There's tons you can do as long as you include a note explaining it!

avimom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 1:13 pm
oh, and cheese curls!

sbs

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 5:25 pm
avimom wrote:
sbs- cute idea!
you can give out lipstick candy, "blow" pops (for blow-dry), "blush" wine or grape juice, a plastic "mask" for mascara (I know it's not food...), jelly rings for hair gel, spray candy for hair spray...
There's tons you can do as long as you include a note explaining it!

thanx those ideas are great!
but, I'm trying to give like 2-3 bigger packages rather than a bunch of small ones cuz then it's so many more things to tie into a theme.
the blush wine is a good idea if I can find them in small.
although now I'm thinking if I give out a makeup bag, I should put in all kinds of small little things like lipstick candy, cheese curls, etc...

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 10:26 am
I want to give out a homemade challah what else would go with it? 2 or three more items not more and also nothing that must be refrigerated
Thanks

amother

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 11:42 am

So finaly got enough of the parts of my shaloch manos to start putting it together. So far there is a tea chest , two glass mugs and two boxes of tea.I know I need two ready to eat foods. There will be those crystalizes sugar sticks for the tea and there will be cookies. The box on the bottom thats gift wrapped is the box the tea chest came in. Ill wrap the whole thing in cellophane. This is the first time Im doing anything this fancy, any sudgestions or critiques?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 12:11 pm
wow you are fancy! where did you get that material that the cups are wrapped in??

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 3:03 pm
I got it from http://www.nashvillewraps.com

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 6:27 pm
Thanks, but I cna't find it on the website. what's the fabric called?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 6:41 pm
type -mesh netting into the search box and youll find it Smile

HooRYou

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 10:30 am
myfriends715 wrote:
TRYING TO FIND SOME QUTE CHEAP COSTUMES FOR MY TWINS (THEY WILL BE AROUND 7 MOTNHS THEN IY"H) ANY IDEAS? PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE WHAT TO GIVE OUT

If you can stand the implications I think it would be funny if twins were dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 frmo the Cat in the Hat. All you would need are red sleepers and blue fluffy hats for the children. If DH wanted he could get one of those tall hats and be the Cat. You, of course, would be the mother.

For the MM you could give any kind of cat related treats.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics