Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller help... again! Bugaboo vs vista
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 8:48 am
The bugaboo bee does not push well if it’s not a smooth surface it’s a very flimsy carriage and I see from my neighbors they don’t last long.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I thought the bee doesnt have a bassinet option and its more of a travel stroller?

It has a bassinet and it happens to be a great one.. it’s not super compact like the bugaboo ant or the yo-yo which are meant to just be a car stroller. This is a great hybrid. It’s good around the neighborhood and for the car. It took me time to figure out what I like. I see someone wrote it’s flimsy and doesn’t last. This isn’t my experience at all and I’ve had it 4.5 years. It really is a very personal decision. Like I said earlier, go with what u like the look of best and care for it having in mind that you’ll sell if it becomes impractical ...

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
This is so so overwhelming. Like information overload! I'm also expecting for my first baby..

I did a lot of research. If you want to post what you’re looking for (maybe on a new thread?) I’ll gladly give you any helpful info that I can.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:08 am
polished wrote:
I am a massive bugaboo fan. I have a fox and I love it.
However you say you use a car a lot. The fox does not fold so well and takes a lot of room in the boot.
I would advise getting the new bugaboo bee 6... much more compact and made for the city. Also it may mean you don’t need to go out and buy a yo yo or a specific travel stroller one day.

I can not speak for vista as I have never had one... I see my neighbours with them (Israel land of babies). They seem pretty heavy to me compared to bugaboo

Bugaboos and Uppababys are similar weights.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 6:51 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I did a lot of research. If you want to post what you’re looking for (maybe on a new thread?) I’ll gladly give you any helpful info that I can.

can u share??

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 7:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can u share??

Sure. I wanted to splurge and buy a nice stroller for this baby, as I waited a long time for him Smile I looked into higher end strollers and as I wrote, I found the fox2 and priam to be pretty similar feature wise, but the priam is so much nicer. The features I wanted were a bassinet option, stroller seat that faces both ways, large basket, very smooth push (probably some others that I can’t think of right now). Both those strollers offer those features. If you’re spending that much I would go with the priam for sure. However, you’ll need to get a smaller stroller for the car. I chose the yoyo because it was a gift, but I don’t think it’s necessary to spend that much on a travel stroller. Other nice options that are a bit cheaper are the Uppababy Minu and the Joolz Aer. There are threads here that discuss those strollers, and I’d also recommend watching magic beans reviews on YouTube. There are also much cheaper ones that may meet your needs.

If you don’t want to spend so much on two strollers, there are midsize options. I didn’t research those, but I would look into the bugaboo bee and the cybex mios (I think that’s the name - cybex has a few others as well and is a great company). These will feel sturdier than a small stroller but lighter than a full size one.

Both the priam and the yoyo frames can be used as wheels for your carseat. I found the priam frame to be on the bulky side for a quick in and out of the car, so I love the yoyo frame for that. Folds up tiny - I store it on the floor of the seat that the carseat is on. No opening the trunk etc. Super convenient. So if you’re looking into travel strollers, look for one that you can use for car seat wheels, unless you have a doona.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. This is just a little peek into the hours of research I did Wink

MySpace

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 8:19 pm
It makes a huge difference if you're going to EY or not. Carriages there get much more wear and tear and you end up taking loads of busses. From my experience the uppabay doesnt hold up well, the wheels aren't made for heavy usage. The bugaboo camelion lasted beautifully 6 years and counting, and I did not have a car so this carriage had loads of groceries hanging from the sides and in the basket and its still perfect.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics