Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o last question u asked your Rav
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:02 pm
This is a spinoff of bc asking Rav thread. I think ppl may be surprised at things we ask our Rav/Rabbi/Dayan/Ruv etc..

I will start. Last question I asked my Rav was about a school for my child if he thinks the information I got about it is sufficient and positive. I also shared some good news about our family.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:06 pm
If my gay brother's partner should be included in the family photo album we are making for my parents.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:06 pm
Double

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:14 pm
If yet another parve utensil that went through my meat dishwasher was now a meat utensil Can't Believe It

amother
Red

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:15 pm
If you need a heter iska from a small private lender who may have some Jewish money.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:17 pm
The customary way to write something on a gravestone.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:18 pm
If I’m allowed to bring in and open an Amazon delivery on Yom tov if I don’t need it Yom tov but would enjoy it. (It was a book. DH asked the rav on Yom tov in shul). Answer was yes, but ask your own LOR.

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:18 pm
If I could use maaser money for a donation towards the chol department of my kids school.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:20 pm
If I have to do another bedika if I’m pushing off mikva.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:21 pm
What I can eat on 9 av

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:24 pm
I was a member of a shul that cost almost two thousand a year I wanted to ask my rabbi questions about my divorce the rabbi did not return my calls my kids even baby sat his kids were not members anymore

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is a spinoff of bc asking Rav thread. I think ppl may be surprised at things we ask our Rav/Rabbi/Dayan/Ruv etc..

I will start. Last question I asked my Rav was about a school for my child if he thinks the information I got about it is sufficient and positive. I also shared some good news about our family.

Your shaila is different from the rest that were listed on this thread. Yours is a hashkafic question. The rest are halacha. That is one huge difference that people in different communities have with regard to asking shailos; some ask their Rav which brand of tissues to use, while others only ask halachic questions that their DH can't answer.

It's also largely irrelevant to the bc thread, which debates whether the relevant halachos require the expertise of a Rav or, like other areas of halacha, allow one who learned the laws to apply them in their personal situation.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:27 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Your shaila is different from the rest that were listed on this thread. Yours is a hashkafic question. The rest are halacha. That is one huge difference that people in different communities have with regard to asking shailos; some ask their Rav which brand of tissues to use, while others only ask halachic questions that their DH can't answer.

It's also largely irrelevant to the bc thread, which debates whether the relevant halachos require the expertise of a Rav or, like other areas of halacha, allow one who learned the laws to apply them in their personal situation.

Not everything on this list is hashkafa.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:29 pm
I asked how long to wait after baby to go to mikvah. The time before that was if rice cooked in a dairy pot (not used in the last 24 hours) can be eaten in the same plate as chicken.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:30 pm
My husband asks the shailas

little neshamala

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You might like this thread

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....34987

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
My husband asks the shailas

That’s fine. You can still mention the last one if you know what it is.

cnc

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

I would love to meet the person that asks their Rav - which brand of tissues to use .

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:32 pm
If I need to clean out the oven before kashering it from fleishig/milchig. (He said no, unless theres an obvious large lump of something, that has to be cleaned off. Regular grime, no)

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:48 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
That’s fine. You can still mention the last one if you know what it is.

He’s in aveilus so lots of questions about if he can get a haircut, buy pajamas. Lots of shaalos during shloshim and shiva (we had a newborn so he asked about doing childcare) He has surgery recently so asked about missing shul/Kaddish during recovery. He asked about Bris planning (and Attendance) during shiva for our baby. He asked about bentching Gomel.

Last thing about ME? Likely when I had bleeding during pregnancy (on Shabbos during covid) how I can get to/from hospital and what my Niddah status was. Also about not fasting on tisha bav. Lots of other pregnancy Stuff
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics