Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Best type of donut from sesame bakery from these options?

Which of these sesame donut types do you like best?
cheese  
 13%  [ 6 ]
peanut butter and cheese  
 4%  [ 2 ]
peanut butter  
 6%  [ 3 ]
lotus  
 13%  [ 6 ]
oreo  
 16%  [ 7 ]
viennese crunch  
 16%  [ 7 ]
rosemarie  
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 43

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 4:22 pm
which type of donut from Sesame bakery in Brooklyn do you like the best? They have other types, but from these options which do you like best? Also forgot to include white milk chocolate in poll.

self-actualization

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 4:41 pm
I tasted jelly, custard, pistachio, hazelnut, and lemon meringue on Shabbos. Hazelnut was best, followed by pistachio. So rich!!! So I picked Rosemarie above because I imagine it will be a rich filling like hazelnut and pistachio.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 4:57 pm
self-actualization wrote:
I tasted jelly, custard, pistachio, hazelnut, and lemon meringue on Shabbos. Hazelnut was best, followed by pistachio. So rich!!! So I picked Rosemarie above because I imagine it will be a rich filling like hazelnut and pistachio.
I didnt know they sold hazelnut, or do you mean Nutella?

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 5:08 pm
They make heavenly stuff! If you like Viennese crunch, I'd recommend it as it's different and delicious! Or you do what we do - buy a few and share! They're incredibly rich. I wouldn't be able to eat more than a half of each. We did quarters - that way we each got to taste a few flavors.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 5:57 pm
proudmomma wrote:
They make heavenly stuff! If you like Viennese crunch, I'd recommend it as it's different and delicious! Or you do what we do - buy a few and share! They're incredibly rich. I wouldn't be able to eat more than a half of each. We did quarters - that way we each got to taste a few flavors.
Wish they made mini donuts with a little bit of filling so I could taste each!

funkyfrummom

Post Tue, Dec 15 2020, 11:43 pm
I have a student who turned in an assignment last week to write a paragraph about a favorite holiday food, and she wrote about donuts from Sesame. Her favorite was lemon. Smile

My own son, teenager, says they are all too rich and sugary from glaze!

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 12:05 am
The Viennese crunch is by far the best, followed by white chocolate. Pistachio is ok, tasted like peanut butter imo. The other issue was that the green color on the inside was extremely off-putting, like vomit.

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 12:07 am
Didn't like the nutella

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 12:42 am
My kids loved the oreo

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:47 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
The Viennese crunch is by far the best, followed by white chocolate. Pistachio is ok, tasted like peanut butter imo. The other issue was that the green color on the inside was extremel off-putting, like vomit.
what did the inside of viennese crunch look like?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 5:48 pm
flowerpower wrote:
My kids loved the oreo
what was the filling crushed cookies in custard or mousse?

bnm

Post Wed, Dec 16 2020, 7:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what did the inside of viennese crunch look like?

it looked like the inside of the old Pashkes Nougat rolls. It was delicious. I bought 2 and I don't know who ate the second one. The next time I went they where all out. I didn't get to taste the Oreo ones and I don't eat dairy. I like the lemon one but Rosemarie one was delicious. The inside was nuttella type. Peanut Butter was too Peanutbuttery, I felt like the PB filling should be toned down a bit with mousse. Lotus they make all year round but was delicious too.

I didn't buy pistachio because I remember not liking it other years and the color. I liked the lemon one but I bought 1 compared to 2 or 3 of the other flavors since no one else here would eat it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 1:51 pm
bnm wrote:
it looked like the inside of the old Pashkes Nougat rolls. It was delicious. I bought 2 and I don't know who ate the second one. The next time I went they where all out. I didn't get to taste the Oreo ones and I don't eat dairy. I like the lemon one but Rosemarie one was delicious. The inside was nuttella type. Peanut Butter was too Peanutbuttery, I felt like the PB filling should be toned down a bit with mousse. Lotus they make all year round but was delicious too.

I didn't buy pistachio because I remember not liking it other years and the color. I liked the lemon one but I bought 1 compared to 2 or 3 of the other flavors since no one else here would eat it.
So the filling is stiff and thick? Not like a custard with stuff in it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics