Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Chassidish Imas in Lakewood- let's discuss this
  Previous  1  2  3 13 14  15  16  Next

sky

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:19 pm
Yesterday in the dark snow high school girls were walk-in home along the70. I thought it was so unsafe. There are on ramps and off ramps the whole way with small shoulders and cars flying.

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:40 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Why??? My daughter wants oros and aderes!! What’s the problem with oros??

People say it about every school. I've heard to stay away from all of them. Lol

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 12:47 pm
sky wrote:
Yesterday in the dark snow high school girls were walk-in home along the70. I thought it was so unsafe. There are on ramps and off ramps the whole way with small shoulders and cars flying.

That's crazy! What school were they walking from? And which parent allowed her kid to walk there?

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 1:38 pm
small bean wrote:

So true. There's no one in Lakewood who will point to every school and say they're all good and fine. Cuz they're not Hiding

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 1:42 pm
sweet wrote:
Firstly Yankels the grocery store closed down a yr ago.

Amd my relative lived near belz right off the 70 and yes she does walk there and she needs to wait for her childrens school bus on the shoulder of the 70 - they dont want to come in to her small development.
(I did tell her to give the driver$$..)

Wow, I had no idea! Can't Believe It

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:05 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
So true. There's no one in Lakewood who will point to every school and say they're all good and fine. Cuz they're not Hiding

Schools, like doctors, are amazing for certain people, and don't always work for everyone. You will always find someone who had a negative experience.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:06 pm
Completely agree. People decide that their experience is the only experience that matters and therefore you should take their opinion into account.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:06 pm
Even if they have only one story, or only one side of a story.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:12 pm
Though I'm not sure how a thread about traffic problems in Lakewood became a school pro and con thread.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 2:42 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Though I'm not sure how a thread about traffic problems in Lakewood became a school pro and con thread.

My fault. I said I'm gonna consider sending my next DD to a school that is not my type/hashkafa to avoid traffic areas.

(I was kidding. But it would legit help the traffic in this town if everyone sent to schools in their area.)

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:04 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

Because traffic gets boring after a while.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:05 pm
Oh lol funny. Ya it's worth it;)

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 3:13 pm
small bean wrote:

Even in Lakewood? I feel for us traffic supplants weather for small talk Laugh

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Why??? My daughter wants oros and aderes!! What’s the problem with oros??

Everyone I know in Oros is very happy there. As far as I can tell, Oros and Aderes are more academic than Bais Kaila. That may be why your principal recommended them for your dd.
The girls, families and hashkafas are all pretty similar.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:42 pm
small bean wrote:

Agreed. School is more fun to talk about!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:54 pm
small bean wrote:
Ok but there’s really no hs I’d be happy sending to. My daughter is in third grade in bais faiga. If they don’t have an hs by the time she graduates I will cry. There was a rumor going around that they would open one next year but then they opened another boys school instead.

I know it’s too early to worry about hs, but the scene right now is terrifying. I don’t have an in at any high schools apart from bais yaakov, and the classes there are HUGE.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:55 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Agreed. School is more fun to talk about!
On this site it’s somehow a safer topic. Wink

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Ok but there’s really no hs I’d be happy sending to. My daughter is in third grade in bais faiga. If they don’t have an hs by the time she graduates I will cry. There was a rumor going around that they would open one next year but then they opened another boys school instead.

I know it’s too early to worry about hs, but the scene right now is terrifying. I don’t have an in at any high schools apart from bais yaakov, and the classes there are HUGE.

There better be more schools in 5 years because they are needed desperately soace wise. But I doubt any of them will be better than the current choices.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 12:00 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Chayalle, I've actually heard good things about Meon from people there who are not chassidish;) It might not be so bad for your daughter! And Aderes is very walkable for you and if your girls are in BK Aderes is not so so different.

I live in West Gate I am nerves to apply to Aderes because I do not know were they are going to be next year. I heard that they are moving and I reley want something walk able to West Gate.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 10:23 am
small bean wrote:
That's crazy! What school were they walking from? And which parent allowed her kid to walk there?

I'm not the poster you're responding too but I live in TR and frequently drive on the 70. Oiy my heart drops when I see kids walking home from school on the shoulder of the 70 and then crossing it (even by a light). I don't know how a mother can be calm knowing her kid's walking route includes the 70.
B"h my kids mostly have transportation and if they don't I pick them up.
Page 14 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 13 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries