Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Do you daven the full davening every day?
Previous  1  2

Do you daven the full davening every day?
Yes  
 12%  [ 18 ]
No  
 88%  [ 132 ]
Total Votes : 150

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 9:24 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
What about davening on Shobbos and Yom Tov when you don't work?

I think it is important for kids to see mother davening sometimes.

I daven on shabbos and yom tov.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I say Nishmas as a zchus forsomething. It's not a sheila as women aren't mechyav to daven.

Please ask a Shaila. According to all Shitos I’ve heard women are Mechuyav in Davening. It says straight out in Mishna Brura. Nishmas is nice but it’s an extra.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Please ask a Shaila. According to all Shitos I’ve heard women are Mechuyav in Davening. It says straight out in Mishna Brura. Nishmas is nice but it’s an extra.

DH asked the old Viznitz Rebba zt'l. He said women are not required to daven. He said talking to Hashem in your own words is also davening. Once when we needes a certain yeshua he said that I should daven one shemona esrei a day for 40 days.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 9:46 pm
For those of you whose children don't see you davening, either because you don't or because they're not around when you do, daven informally. Tell them that you davened that they have a great day in school, etc.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:42 pm
I have 5 kids, including twins, work full time and only have help once a week. I still manage to daven shachris and mincha daily. I can't imagine giving that up. It gives me a chance to connect to Hashem and fortifies me for whatever I will have to deal with.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Dec 19 2020, 11:59 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
DH asked the old Viznitz Rebba zt'l. He said women are not required to daven. He said talking to Hashem in your own words is also davening. Once when we needes a certain yeshua he said that I should daven one shemona esrei a day for 40 days.

It’s up to you, what you want to do, but it sounds like he was also telling you that it’s more important to daven shemona esrei, he didn’t tell you to say nishmas.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
It’s up to you, what you want to do, but it sounds like he was also telling you that it’s more important to daven shemona esrei, he didn’t tell you to say nishmas.

I know what he told us thank you very much.
We asked straight out if women are required to daven and he said talking to Hashem in our words is considered davening. As long as we talk to hashem and thank Hashem every day, it's considered davening.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:10 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I know what he told us thank you very much.
We asked straight out if women are required to daven and he said talking to Hashem in our words is considered davening. As long as we talk to hashem and thank Hashem every day, it's considered davening.

Right, and that’s totally fine. Why are you saying nishmas?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:10 am
I hear this a lot, "I daven in my own words!", but what does that mean?

For me, I realized that it was a lot of, "Hashem, I need this. Hashem, oh no, help me with this. Hashem, I'm worried about this kid."

Tefilah has basically none of that. Like, none.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Right, and that’s totally fine. Why are you saying nishmas?

I'm doing the 40 days nishmas cycles with Charlene Aminoff.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:23 am
I daven an abbreviated version every day. Brachos, the paragraph about the Korban Tomid, Shema, Shemoneh Esrei. And Shemoneh Esrei of Mincha.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

For me, I realized that it was a lot of, "Hashem, I need this. Hashem, oh no, help me with this. Hashem, I'm worried about this kid."

I thank hashem countless times throughout the day, literally for every little thing. I also also ask hashem whatever it is I need, big things and little things. Absolutely nothing is too small to ask hashem for, he's our father that always listens to us.

bestrong1

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:33 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I have 5 kids, including twins, work full time and only have help once a week. I still manage to daven shachris and mincha daily. I can't imagine giving that up. It gives me a chance to connect to Hashem and fortifies me for whatever I will have to deal with.

Omg! Your amazing! Please teach me how you do it. When do u daven? At home or at work?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:36 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

For me it’s more, thank you hashem for Whatever it is..
And honestly, hashem wants your bakashos as well. It’s all about a relationship with him.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:02 am
bestrong1 wrote:
Omg! Your amazing! Please teach me how you do it. When do u daven? At home or at work?

It really doesn't take that long and I believe Hashem gives you the time if you try. Your days can be filled with extra time consuming stuff like taking a kid to the dr, that emergency dentist appointment or even homework that doesn't seem to penetrate your child's brain. I feel that if you spend time davening to Hashem, he makes your days run smoother.

salt

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:12 am
Youngest child is now 10.
On a weekday, I usually skip parts of pesukei dezimra, except for Friday and Shabbos, when I don't work, then I say everything.

I recently started trying to daven mincha - in the summer it went well, now in the winter, when it gets dark I don't have much time between coming back from work and nightfall, so I don't always fit it in. (I think I remember about 3-4 times a week).

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:25 am
Before kids it was 3 times a day...
but that quickly fell once babies were in the picture.
Although I always made sure to daven morning brachos and full krias shema at night.
Ironically, it was during our loooong hard lockdown that I made a bit more davening a regular thing.
We didn’t have the same morning rush, and once everyone was settled for a few minutes at their computers I started to go outside for a few minutes by myself for a breath. I added shema and shemoneh esrei in the morning, and then a few more minutes to say some tehillim.
BH once my kids went back to school I managed to keep it up, adding musaf and hallel when needed.
On shabbos and yom tov I try to do the full davening. Which has also been easier with no pressure to get to shul or prepare big lunches for guests.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 3:41 pm
It would be even harder for me to daven on shabbos and yomtov because evryone is home.

I also have a child with some additonal needs and even though he is older, its very hard to know when there will be a flare up, so I just do not open a siddur.

But I would really like to.
I feel more than I want to daven, I want my kids to see me daven.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics