Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Maternity leave as a therapist/related services
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
This is incorrect information. There are two separate things here:

1) Getting your CCC from ASHA after your CFY- they are ok if you have a long break in middle

2) getting your state license from NYSED after your "supervised experience" (they do not call it the cfy). You CANNOT have a long break in middle. It is very confusing and people have gotten messed over

Okay my info was not incorrect. I did my CF in NJ and when I gave birth I was not obligated to come back after a month.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for chiming in as a parent. How many weeks notice would you like to receive? Would you think a text or a letter home would suffice or you would want a phone call? Im just nervous I wont have the answers for qs they might ask me over the phone "whos going to service my kid? what if he regresses? etc"

About a month before is best. I know some women who were 4 weeks early by their first child. Four weeks before should be safe. It also gives the mother a chance to decide if she feels the child will regress without services then she can be in touch with the agency for a substitute.

A text is fine. I prefer WhatsApp so that I can see if the parent has read it.

Regarding questions, you can tell them you need to think about it and get back to them. Please get back to them within the next few days.

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:33 pm
Wow that is so disgusting you only get a month. it is so disgusting that nowadays with all the laws with family medical leave you catch flack for having a baby.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics