Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
What made you choose the pfizer shot over the moderna shot? Why is one better than the other and if given a choice, which one should people choose?

My hospital said we didn’t get to choose which one. Pfizer was available first. Moderna might be available tomorrow. I wanted to get it as soon as I could. They both seem very similar but when the larger population has access to Moderna, we will see if there are any effects like the allergic reactions to Pfizer. Though that is only happening in .002% (it was 6 people out of 272,000 or so IIRK)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:26 pm
banana123 wrote:
Are you Bibi or Aviv Kochavi?
Did you get the vaccine or a placebo?

I got the vaccine - I wasn’t in the research study. It was the actual vaccine.

banana123

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No fever! Just a sore spot on my arm from where I got the shot. That lasted two days, nothing else!

Are you sure you didn't get flu shot instead of corona shot?

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, research I read shows that after a week or so of the first shot, your immunity is at 50%. So if I get exposed, 50% chance I’ll get symptoms. Obviously having 97% after the second dose is preferred!

How long after the first dose can you get the second?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:27 pm
banana123 wrote:
Are you Bibi or Aviv Kochavi?
Did you get the vaccine or a placebo?
Im not OP, but HUH? You think people are getting placebo? I hope this is in jest.

banana123

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:30 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Im not OP, but HUH? You think people are getting placebo? I hope this is in jest.

Motzei Shabbos Bibi and Yuli Edelstein (Health Minister) received their covid vaccines on live television. Today Aviv Kochavi (IDF Chief of Staff) received his vaccine.

Immediately after Bibi received his shot, people started saying that he probably didn't receive the vaccine, just a saline placebo to make an impression on TV, because it's all politics and Bibi would neeever take a new vaccine that might be dangerous - he just wants to convince everyone else to take it.

Anyways, yes, it was in jest.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:35 pm
banana123 wrote:
How long after the first dose can you get the second?

Yes I am sure it was the Pfizer vaccine. It was labeled as such and the amount is different from the flu shot. Also my arm was a little more sore than from flu shot but not much more.
The second dose is 21 days after the first.

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:51 pm
Just want to say thank you for all that you do. These last 10 months working on the frontlines with COVID patients in a hospital isn't easy and I just want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you and all your coworkers. May Hashem repay your chessed 1000 times over. Wishing you and your family health, mazel and bracha.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 1:55 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
Just want to say thank you for all that you do. These last 10 months working on the frontlines with COVID patients in a hospital isn't easy and I just want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you and all your coworkers. May Hashem repay your chessed 1000 times over. Wishing you and your family health, mazel and bracha.

You are so kind. Todah rabah

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:16 pm
My family has gotten adverse reactions to the flu shot 2 weeks after getting it so this is why I stay away from flu shots and wld be undoubtedly nervous for the covid vaccine since were the type to react badly to such shots..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
My family has gotten adverse reactions to the flu shot 2 weeks after getting it so this is why I stay away from flu shots and wld be undoubtedly nervous for the covid vaccine since were the type to react badly to such shots..

I’m sorry to hear that. What kind of reactions do you get? Do you have allergies?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m sorry to hear that. What kind of reactions do you get? Do you have allergies?

Not allergies just a major full blown episode of the virus itself - flu shot- terrible case of flu and we test positive for it knocks us out for 2 weeks. Docs admitted flu wasn’t in our system yet since it occurred a full 2 weeks after receiving the flu shot and therefore was a result of the shot. Sometimes with other secondary infections on-top of it. So it’s not worth it for us. Guess it works for other ppl just not for us. So I’m thinking covid vaccine wld probably just trigger us all to have major corona

keym

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:44 pm
Did you have any concerns before you took the vaccine?
Did you have to weigh pros and cons?
Or was it not even a question for you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:52 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Not allergies just a major full blown episode of the virus itself - flu shot- terrible case of flu and we test positive for it knocks us out for 2 weeks. Docs admitted flu wasn’t in our system yet since it occurred a full 2 weeks after receiving the flu shot and therefore was a result of the shot. Sometimes with other secondary infections on-top of it. So it’s not worth it for us. Guess it works for other ppl just not for us. So I’m thinking covid vaccine wld probably just trigger us all to have major corona

That’s terrible! I’m sorry! You were probably exposed before your immune system built enough of a reaction. Typically the flu vaccine can’t cause the flu because the virus is dead (in most of them). The covid vaccines that are available now don’t have any virus in them (dead or alive), so it’s impossible that they would actually give you covid. Flu-like symptoms as a reaction: yes that has been reported. But that’s your immune system doing it’s thing. Not an actual covid infection.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s terrible! I’m sorry! You were probably exposed before your immune system built enough of a reaction. Typically the flu vaccine can’t cause the flu because the virus is dead (in most of them). The covid vaccines that are available now don’t have any virus in them (dead or alive), so it’s impossible that they would actually give you covid. Flu-like symptoms as a reaction: yes that has been reported. But that’s your immune system doing it’s thing. Not an actual covid infection.
Covid is basically the immune systems response to covid so it’s entirely possible to get covid like symptoms from the shot. Ditto for flu.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:55 pm
keym wrote:
Did you have any concerns before you took the vaccine?
Did you have to weigh pros and cons?
Or was it not even a question for you?

I did have concerns! I was watching the news and reading about it constantly. Even up until an hour before I got it, I was still questioning. I was most scared of an allergic reaction, nothing else really. My pros and cons were basically that my risk of getting covid, having long term health issues, passing it on to my family or others was much greater than the risk of a reaction. I talked to the doctor giving the shot and expressed my concerns. They were not worried about my allergies or any other concerns I had.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Covid is basically the immune systems response to covid so it’s entirely possible to get covid like symptoms from the shot. Ditto for flu.

Right- covid-like or flu-like symptoms. But not actual Covid Infection. Very important distinction! The vaccine CANNOT give you covid!!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:10 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

I'm confused.

The flu shot is not live virus, so it should not be able to cause the flu.

The typical incubation period for the flu is 1 to 4 days, so why would the flu shot have a 2-week incubation period, even if it could cause flu?

Since it takes about 2 weeks for it to be effective, it sounds like you were infected between the time you got the shot and the time it became effective.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:17 pm
If that’s true how come we’ve never gotten the flu except the one time we got the shot and in different years. One dd in one year and diff dd in another year and they got the flu those times. Once in their lifetime. All other years no shots never got flu. My whole life I never got the flu except for the one year I decided to take the shot. It’s not flu like symptoms it was the actual flu!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
If that’s true how come we’ve never gotten the flu except the one time we got the shot and in different years. One dd in one year and diff dd in another year and they got the flu those times. Once in their lifetime. All other years no shots never got flu. My whole life I never got the flu except for the one year I decided to take the shot. It’s not flu like symptoms it was the actual flu!

Well, either it's magic or it's an unfortunate coincidence. Btw I doubt you never got the flu in other years, you just probably got milder cases and didn't recognize it as the flu.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Well, either it's magic or it's an unfortunate coincidence. Btw I doubt you never got the flu in other years, you just probably got milder cases and didn't recognize it as the flu.

You wld be surprised. Some ppl have good immune systems and flu shots cld mess that up. We’ve never tested positive for flu only those times when we got flu after the shot. Maybe we did get very mild version of the flu but test was negative if we tested for flu when we were mildly sick. I can’t be the only one here....? Don’t tell me it’s a coincidence.
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics