Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I'm confused.

The flu shot is not live virus, so it should not be able to cause the flu.

The typical incubation period for the flu is 1 to 4 days, so why would the flu shot have a 2-week incubation period, even if it could cause flu?

Since it takes about 2 weeks for it to be effective, it sounds like you were infected between the time you got the shot and the time it became effective.

Dead viruses cld be triggered again. Why not. Anyway the nasal spray is a “weakened live virus.” Covid vaccines cld cause covid for some people I’m sure. Don’t be so naive. All these articles claiming untrue flu shot myths how do you know whom to believe as it’s a money making business. I personally know other ppl not in my family who stopped taking the flu shot and stopped being admitted to the hospital for pneumonia when getting the shot. Too much of a coincidence for me. What abt future children no one knows how the covid vaccine will affect them

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:11 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Dead viruses cld be triggered again. Why not. Anyway the nasal spray is a “weakened live virus.” Covid vaccines cld cause covid for some people I’m sure. Don’t be so naive. All these articles claiming untrue flu shot myths how do you know whom to believe as it’s a money making business. I personally know other ppl not in my family who stopped taking the flu shot and stopped being admitted to the hospital for pneumonia when getting the shot. Too much of a coincidence for me. What abt future children no one knows how the covid vaccine will affect them

The Covid vaccine doesn't contain any trace of Covid, dead or alive. It just triggers the body to produce antibodies. So it can't cause Covid.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:20 pm
OP, you aren’t dead yet? I bet this is just some impostor pretending to be OP, surely a real vaccine recipient would be dead with a government coverup.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:22 pm
Awesome! That’s super responsible! I hope this is the beginning of getting COVID-19 under control.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
OP, you aren’t dead yet? I bet this is just some impostor pretending to be OP, surely a real vaccine recipient would be dead with a government coverup.

Hehehehe! I’m sure if I don’t reply to a post within an hour, there will definitely be rumors!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:35 pm
What's the point of getting the vaccine if you still have to mask and SD is not the vaccine supuse to change that?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
What's the point of getting the vaccine if you still have to mask and SD is not the vaccine supuse to change that?

Aside from the possibility of spreading something you may still carry, but not get sick from.. I would imagine there is a piece of maaras ayin to this as well. I know if I saw someone w/out mask I would be wondering who do they think they are???

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

So that you yourself don’t get sick. That’s not a good enough reason? Hopefully the data will show that it does prevent the spread. Once a large enough percentage of the population has gotten the vaccine, we will be able to reduce restrictions.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:43 pm
My big concern is will the vaccine mess with anything genetically down the road. Which is the lesser of two evils- an unknown vaccine(I am not an anti vaxxer- but don't like new things) or the possibility of covid...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
My big concern is will the vaccine mess with anything genetically down the road. Which is the lesser of two evils- an unknown vaccine(I am not an anti vaxxer- but don't like new things) or the possibility of covid...

mRNA from the vaccine never enters the nucleus of the cell and does not affect or interact with a person’s DNA. So no, should not have any effect genetically.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:47 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

How does a vaccine mess with human DNA?

At this point, it seems clear that Covid messes with people's health in pretty significant ways, such as asthma and heart problems. I saw one study that showed reduced fertility in males. I really really don't want to catch something that has already shown itself to be a monster with long-term issues.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:48 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Techiyas hameisim in a flu shot? Interesting idea.

If you were referring to the flu mist you should clarify that. It's not actually a shot so when you write "shot" people will assume you're not referring to the mist.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
You wld be surprised. Some ppl have good immune systems and flu shots cld mess that up. We’ve never tested positive for flu only those times when we got flu after the shot. Maybe we did get very mild version of the flu but test was negative if we tested for flu when we were mildly sick. I can’t be the only one here....? Don’t tell me it’s a coincidence.

Ok, not coincidence. Just magic.

Any stomach virus or cold could have actually been the flu. I doubt you get tested for flu with those symptoms.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
mRNA from the vaccine never enters the nucleus of the cell and does not affect or interact with a person’s DNA. So no, should not have any effect genetically.

Thanks for explaining this. I've been offered it but haven't signed up yet. I work in healthcare but am sort of isolated from others as I'm not working right now but have still been offered the vaccine. Do you mind sharing your hesitations and how you worked through them? Maybe it will help others on the fence. Thanks so much!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No I haven’t had covid BH. No negative consequences- it’s recommended but not required for now.

Have you checked if you have antibodies before you got the vaccine?
Do you plan to check if you have antibodies after you got it?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:42 am
Does it cause fertility in men or women, or is it too early to say? Confused

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:51 am
Wheat, you are not crazy or hallucinating. We have vulnerable family members so we were very careful to give the shot to all family members every year. One of my children got really sick with the flu every year. Several years ago, dc didn't get a shot for different reasons. No flu. I stopped giving this child the flu shot. No flu since then.

I know itsxa dead viruscand scientifically it shouldn't be possible. But, thats thecfact. Flu shot, flu. No flu shot, no flu. Som it can happen to some somehow

chanchy123

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:11 am
No question just congratulations. Amazing to be V part of history. May this be the beginning of the end of this horrible pandemic.

abound

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:31 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Wheat, you are not crazy or hallucinating. We have vulnerable family members so we were very careful to give the shot to all family members every year. One of my children got really sick with the flu every year. Several years ago, dc didn't get a shot for different reasons. No flu. I stopped giving this child the flu shot. No flu since then.

I know itsxa dead viruscand scientifically it shouldn't be possible. But, thats thecfact. Flu shot, flu. No flu shot, no flu. Som it can happen to some somehow

Interestingly enough, that is my family's experience too. So I dont give the flu shot to anyone in my family. My sister finds that the years she does not get it for her family they all get very sick, so I know that this is not for everyone at all. I know scientifically it does not make sense but that is my personal experience.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:06 am
abound wrote:
Interestingly enough, that is my family's experience too. So I dont give the flu shot to anyone in my family. My sister finds that the years she does not get it for her family they all get very sick, so I know that this is not for everyone at all. I know scientifically it does not make sense but that is my personal experience.
As you see a few posts above - I am all for the corona vaccine. However, I’ve also had a similar experience with the flu vaccine and am sceptic about it. Last year only one child had the vaccine, she got very sick with the worst flu I’ve ever seen in children, she was given the vaccine in class and more than half the class came down with a bad flu after the vaccine. I am completely pro vaccine on general, but won’t be rushing to give the flu shot (although I do encourage elderly parents to do so). I’m sure it’s pretty rare to actually get the flu from the shot, but yes past few years I’ve been willing to risk it. The COVID vaccine works in entirely different way.
Page 3 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics