Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you know cars?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:35 am
Not under the hood, but I guess that too. Someone was coming by to drop something off. I had to wait outside for him because there was no place for him to stop and there was a lot of traffic. My dh told me that he’s in a white Ford Eco Sport. I’m like, okay, a white car. LOL
I did figure out which car it was because of the timing. Wink

If you say describe the car, then maybe I can figure it out, but I have no idea about makes and models. No idea what we have. I don’t drive it.

kalsee

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 5:30 am
I can only find my car in a parking lot because I look at the license plates and find my number. I don't recognize it otherwise.

In case you were wondering , it's a grey minivan Smile

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 5:50 am
Don't know anything about cars. I can name you some names of expensive ones as DH will point them out. (I can't recognize them though) I know one brand is called an Outy (Althoight I still think of belly buttons when I hear that word). Can't remember other names off top of my head.

I think I know when I see a really expensive sports car, like the ones celebrities and social media stars have. They are often a certain style and are bright colors.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:05 am
I recently taught myself what the common emblems are. I now know about a Kia since we now have one.
I could recognize some sports cars. A boy who carpooled with us taught us all.
r

4g01o

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:05 am
Lol I've no clue. I know our cars, that's it. On the other hand my dh knows everyone's cars!! He knows them better than their names. I'm like who's that guy, he'll be like I can’t remember but he drives such and such car 😆

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:17 am
yo'ma wrote:
Not under the hood, but I guess that too. Someone was coming by to drop something off. I had to wait outside for him because there was no place for him to stop and there was a lot of traffic. My dh told me that he’s in a white Ford Eco Sport. I’m like, okay, a white car. LOL
I did figure out which car it was because of the timing. Wink

If you say describe the car, then maybe I can figure it out, but I have no idea about makes and models. No idea what we have. I don’t drive it.

I'm the same way.

Just tell me what color it is and if it's a car or minivan or truck.

License plate # is okay too.

moonstone

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 7:39 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Don't know anything about cars. I can name you some names of expensive ones as DH will point them out. (I can't recognize them though) I know one brand is called an Outy (Althoight I still think of belly buttons when I hear that word). Can't remember other names off top of my head.

I think I know when I see a really expensive sports car, like the ones celebrities and social media stars have. They are often a certain style and are bright colors.

I think you mean Audi.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:17 am
moonstone wrote:
I think you mean Audi.

I was going to write that and I never ever thought of that when I’ve said the name.

I’m not that great in the name the logo game especially when it comes to the cars.

shmosmom

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:21 am
Looks of cars? Sure.
I thought this is about if I know how to do my own oil change and the like, which sadly, I do not. I do know how to change my tire, but it's physically hard and would probably take me over a half hour. (Only done it once bh, and had assistance.)

silverlining3

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:58 am
I know a bit cuz my husband is into it, and often points out to me, showing the emblem, while driving. But no, I wouldn't know every detail.

Models with logos I can identify;
Chrysler Pacifica
Kia
Toyota highlander
Toyota sienna
Infinity
Honda odessey
BMW
Audi
Lexus

Models I know that are out there but will know only when reading what it says;
Ford explorer
Ford expedition
Range rover
Nissan pathfinder
Ford eco sport-you taught it to me now lol
Suburban
Rav 4
Suv
Nissan ultima
Jaguar
Mercedes
Mazda 1, 2, 3
And probably more that I can't remember now.

ETA- But I'd always appreciate more you telling me which color and car or minivan than make and model, when I need to wait for someone lol

Last edited by silverlining3 on Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:02 am
I know most car logos...I'm stuck on a few. Pitchfork sticking up anyone? What is that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics