Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the Pfizer covid vaccine. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 11:36 am
The one person on this board who took part in the trial now has what seems to be a bad case of covid (May she have a complete and quick recovery) People are not lab tubes. They have bypassed animal studies and are using humans as their experiment.
What makes you have so much belief that this will work and not cause more damage?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 11:42 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
The one person on this board who took part in the trial now has what seems to be a bad case of covid (May she have a complete and quick recovery) People are not lab tubes. They have bypassed animal studies and are using humans as their experiment.
What makes you have so much belief that this will work and not cause more damage?

Was she unblinded and knows for certain she received the vaccine?

Animal studies were not bypassed. They were done concurrently with phase 1 human studies.
https://apnews.com/article/fac.....31264

I have belief it will work based on the research data that is available so far. A 96% prevention rate of covid illness is pretty good, no?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Was she unblinded and knows for certain she received the vaccine?

Animal studies were not bypassed. They were done concurrently with phase 1 human studies.
https://apnews.com/article/fac.....31264

I have belief it will work based on the research data that is available so far. A 96% prevention rate of covid illness is pretty good, no?

She believes she got the vaccine but I have no way of knowing if yes.
A 96% prevention is pretty good. More like amazing. BUT at what cost? And that is unknown being that there hasn’t been years of studies. The one thing that cannot be bypassed is time. And THAT is what most of us are afraid of.

keym

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:05 pm
According to that poster, she had no antibodies (test was required in order to participate in the trial). A few weeks after the 2nd shot, she had quite a bit of antibodies. And then only a few weeks later, she got sick, seemingly quite sick.
It was the Moderna trial.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:42 pm
So if that’s the case, it would be fair to say that she probably got the actual vaccine. No?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:45 pm
She believes she got the vaccine but I have no way of knowing if yes.
A 96% prevention is pretty good. More like amazing. BUT at what cost? And that is unknown being that there hasn’t been years of studies. The one thing that cannot be bypassed is time. And THAT is what most of us are afraid of.

I made a judgement for myself that the pros of the vaccine outweighed the cons. I can’t speak to anything long term since it doesn’t exist.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:51 pm
So that’s the thing. I respect you and I respect your decision. I hope the vaccine works for you and you stay healthy and strong.
Why can’t the decision to wait and be cautious not respected? Why is this being shoved into everyone’s faces when oddly enough, in my opinion, there are enough people that actually want to take it.
You do kindly offered to answer questions, thank you. But you can’t really answer anything because enough time has not passed. Thank God you didn’t get the allergic and anaphylactic reactions some are reporting. But you cannot answer what effect this will have on your future life.
May God keep all of us healthy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:23 pm
I never said that I would or could. I said I would answer questions regarding my experience. I don’t see the vaccine being shoved in anyone’s faces. Plenty of people won’t take it. Hopefully the majority will. Because this is how we get things back to normal again.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:24 pm
So if that’s the case, it would be fair to say that she probably got the actual vaccine. No?

Again, I can’t speak to someone else’s experience. It’s not 100% effective. She may be the 3% who wasn’t covered, unfortunately.

keym

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:30 pm
Was there a reason you went for Pfizer as opposed to Moderna?
Did you research and compare the two?
If given a choice, do you have an opinion on which one to receive?
Why?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:35 pm
In case posters in this thread didn't see this spinoff:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....14460

We started discussing the vaccine more in-depth, including a link to a webcast last night from Rabbi Dr. Aaron Glatt and R' Willig, where Rabbi Dr. Glatt answers a lot of FAQs about the vaccine safety, efficacy, recommendations, etc. R' Willig discussed the various rabbinic opinions that are floating around.

I'll link it again here: https://www.yutorah.org/vaccine/

I had a lot of questions about the vaccine, and they answered them in a really clear and straightforward way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:42 pm
keym wrote:
Was there a reason you went for Pfizer as opposed to Moderna?
Did you research and compare the two?
If given a choice, do you have an opinion on which one to receive?
Why?

I answered this earlier but I took Pfizer because it was the first one available. Moderna wasn’t available yet and I wanted to get the shot as early as my hospital would let me. We’ll have to see if there are any issues when moderna rolls out- like the allergic reactions with Pfizer. Some things don’t show up until they’ve reached a much larger population than in the study itself, because it’s so rare (so that’s a good thing).

keym

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I answered this earlier but I took Pfizer because it was the first one available. Moderna wasn’t available yet and I wanted to get the shot as early as my hospital would let me. We’ll have to see if there are any issues when moderna rolls out- like the allergic reactions with Pfizer. Some things don’t show up until they’ve reached a much larger population than in the study itself, because it’s so rare (so that’s a good thing).

So you didn't really research the pros/cons of one versus the other?

I'm asking for myself, my family.

We live in NJ, and we're lower risk and not healthcare workers.
So by the time we're eligible to get, it's likely that both will be quite available.
So I'm curious if so far there's any significant pros or cons for one or the other.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:48 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience OP. Do you know if any of your coworkers who have had covid in the recent past were still encouraged to get the vaccine? I'm asking because I'm a nurse on a non-covid unit and my hospital is offering the vaccine starting this week. I've just recovered from covid and I'm wondering if it's best to wait before taking the vaccine?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:01 pm
keym wrote:
So you didn't really research the pros/cons of one versus the other?

I'm asking for myself, my family.

We live in NJ, and we're lower risk and not healthcare workers.
So by the time we're eligible to get, it's likely that both will be quite available.
So I'm curious if so far there's any significant pros or cons for one or the other.

No, sorry, I don’t really have anything notable to contribute. Both vaccines are incredibly similar in terms of efficacy, dosage, etc. Storage temps are different. Since you have some time to wait, you’ll be able to see as more research comes out and decide if you feel more comfortable with one or the other.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience OP. Do you know if any of your coworkers who have had covid in the recent past were still encouraged to get the vaccine? I'm asking because I'm a nurse on a non-covid unit and my hospital is offering the vaccine starting this week. I've just recovered from covid and I'm wondering if it's best to wait before taking the vaccine?

I have coworkers who had confirmed covid. I’m pretty sure they will still get the vaccine. It was recommended to wait somewhere between 1-3 months after infection to get the vaccine. I think the CDC has a guideline or the manufacturer might. Some facilities are setting their own guidelines for how long you should wait.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:58 am
Don’t want any rumors to start! I’m still here, doing fine, no symptoms from the vaccine Hi

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Don’t want any rumors to start! I’m still here, doing fine, no symptoms from the vaccine Hi

BH! Hi

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How do we know your account wasn't hacked by pfizer? I think you should post videos so we know it's really you.

Tongue Out

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:59 am
You may have answered this already, but do you know if people who’ve had Covid will be able to get the vaccine when it’s available for everyone?
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics