Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Personality types explain so much where have I been !!
Previous  1  2

lk1234

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 4:33 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
My husband and myself just recently came across Myers Briggs personality types and it has been eye opening.

DH is an INTJ and I'm an ESFJ, you can imagine how many misunderstandings there were over the simplest of things as we didn't have the understanding that we are both so different and it's ok to be like this, neither of us is wrong !

As we learn about each others personality types, we understand how each others brain works.

Our 2 personality types are very very different, it's the only 2 type which are recommended as unfit to be married to each other. So the work is extremely hard, it's very difficult to ever properly understand one another but the reward is amazing.

After all , opposites attract each other and ensures there is always passion in marriage.

So this is super interesting. I am an ISFJ and the person I had been struggling with is INTJ. I found this person would brush me aside, never have a nice word, and generally talk in generalities when what I really needed was specifics about a project. I am researching how to communicate with INTJs and it is really helping me understand the dynamics of our relationship and why there is so much misunderstanding.

STMommy

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:57 am
I'm also an ISFJ as well as a Cancer and an HSP so G-d bless me because my life is HARD. Crying

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:05 am
my dh is an intj. I'm curious what people think makes people hard to deal with because they are intjs ?

stmommy- I'm also an hsp. I sometimes find the world "so loud"

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Have tried it long ago, don’t remember the results. I just did one today out of curiosity and got almost equal 3,1,5,8 in that order. 4 and 6 exactly equal at the bottom, and 7,9,2 around the same somewhere in the middle.

What can I say? Apparently I’m just a very well-balanced person?🤷‍♀️

You are likely a very balanced emotionally healthy person. But I have read about the enneagram that those who are emotionally very healthy AND those who are very unhealthy are hard to know exactly what type they are.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:52 am
STMommy wrote:
I'm also an ISFJ as well as a Cancer and an HSP so G-d bless me because my life is HARD. Crying

What is HSP?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:57 am
highly sensitive person

applesbananas

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:00 am
lk1234 wrote:
It makes me wonder what else is out there that I am missing!!!

Love languages was very eye opening to me

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
my dh is an intj. I'm curious what people think makes people hard to deal with because they are intjs ?

Intjs are very logical, they are the "masterminds"

An emotional type will find it hard to understand the intj as they see things through such different lenses.

Elon musk
Bill gates
Mark Zuckerberg
Are all billionaires. There are so many more

Nicola Tesla
Isaac Newton
Stephen hawking
Were all scientists plus plus plus

lk1234

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:55 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

stmommy- I'm also an hsp. I sometimes find the world "so loud"

I see them as having a curt, not particularly warm personality. Very very smart, not very good with details, and a natural leader without much patience for people that slow them down. INTJs also make me feel very jealous. I would love to be as smart as they are and have that natural leadership quality.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics