Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
My Mom's Yena Machla went to her brain!
Previous  1  2

Starhavah

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:12 pm
gr8mom wrote:
I'm so sorry! Crying

There is an amazing orgainization called Zichron Shlome Refuah Fund. It's a non profit orgainization that helps children and adults with cancer.

Thank you so much! Does this group work with people outside of the NY area? My mom lives in FL.

Star Havah

Raisin

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 5:12 pm
Starhava, I hope your mother has a refuah shleima very soon.

justanothermother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 6:08 pm
Refuah Sheleima.

Where in FL does your mom live?

Starhavah

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 12:49 am
justanothermother wrote:
Refuah Sheleima.

Where in FL does your mom live?

My Mom lives in Clearwater. Do you know Florida? I grew up the next town over Clearwater was our rival high school (I am a public school kid embarrassed ).

JustAnotherMother, I love your avatar of Ameila Bedila. My daughter loves the books! She is so funny.

Star Havah

justanothermother

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 2:19 am
I live in Miami. If your mom was close, I thought I could help physically.

How was the radiation treatment? How is your mom doing from it? I confess that I don't know very much about cancer or it's treatment, but I assume the radiation is very hard to go through. Does she have family close by?

Starhavah

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 10:29 am
justanothermother wrote:
I live in Miami. If your mom was close, I thought I could help physically.

That is so sweet of you.

Did you grow up in Miami? I had a lot of friends in high school from Miami and NMB that I would meet on Shabbatonim. I was in the Reform youth group movement as a teenager.

justanothermother wrote:
How was the radiation treatment? How is your mom doing from it? I confess that I don't know very much about cancer or it's treatment, but I assume the radiation is very hard to go through. Does she have family close by?

She had the first treatment yesterday. She said it went fine. She wasn't able to sleep last night though and she was pretty nauseous but the doctor said when she comes in for today's radiation treatment he will give her something to help her sleep and for the nausea.

She has no family in FL except my dad. My sister is flying down for the last radition treatment and the next business day so that if they have a doctor's appointment she can be there for that. My mom finishes and then my brother shows up with his kids for a week the following Monday (they planned this trip before we knew it had moved to her brain). It is their school vacation week.

She does have a lot of friends from having lived there so long. One of her friends knits a lot and make hats for women with cancer (which my mom brings to the hospital for her) and she is making my mom a bunch of hats since they said her hair will fall out in a matter of a few days with this much radiation to her brain. So she is getting taken care of, it is just not family, for which there is no replacement of course.

I wish I could do more for her. I feel so powerless here, but of course I would be powerless there to. Only HaShem and the doctors with haShem's guidance can really help. That is why (as we all know) prayer is soooo important.

Star Havah

Starhavah

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 5:04 pm
UPDATE: Last night we had a public tehillim reading for my mom. It was very nice. I am trying to stay positive, but it is really hard.

Star Havah
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed