Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, or 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms?
Previous  1  2

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 6:40 pm
always good to have more bathrooms!!!

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 6:52 pm
I have 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms on one floor and I wouldn't give up the extra bathroom for anything. I find alot of times all three bathrooms are occupied at the same time.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 6:55 pm
My house currently has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. I don't see how we'd manage with one bathroom less. Yes, we could use an extra bedroom, but it's easier to put three kids to sleep in one bedroom than to have them all in the same bathroom: one kid in the bath, another on the toilet, and a third brushing teeth at the same time.

There's no question that if I was you, I'd go with the extra bathroom. It's also a smarter investment for down the line.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:01 pm
As long as you have a good bedroom and bathroom downstairs I think you should go with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you end up doing 2 bathrooms you should make it accessible directly from 2 bedrooms. That would mean there are 2 doors leading into 2 different bedrooms.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:03 pm
Personally I like everyone to be sleeping on the same floor. I have five bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs and six kids and it’s just fine. There’s another bathroom on the main floor if needed.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:04 pm
Once you put the teens in the basement you probably don’t need that extra bath upstairs anyway.
I would start out with 5/2 and if it’s unbearable send the teens to the basement room and bathroom....you can then decide what to do with the 5th room

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:05 pm
No matter how many bedrooms upstairs, I think the teens will want to be downstairs and you might like it better too.
If that's the case, the bathroom is gold.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:29 pm
For clarification, is the master bathroom included in the count of two/three or in addition or is there not going to be a master bath?

cbg

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:31 pm
Another vote for 4/3

Librarian

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:45 pm
I don't know how close you are to marrying off your children, but once you do, 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms will work way better than 5 and 2.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:05 pm
EXTRA BATHROOM!
I have teens and we dont have enough bathrooms. The yelling and fighting is unbearable. My poor toddler has to pee in a potty because there is always someone in the bathroom when she needs it. We are currently adding another bathroom right now because the past year has been so difficult.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 8:12 pm
A vote for 5 Bedrooms/2 Bathrooms

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 9:01 pm
To be clear the whole house will have either 4 or 5 bathrooms total?
2/3 on bedroom floor
1 on main floor
1 in the basement

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 10:03 pm
Make sure every bathroom is accessible to everyone (ie not ensuite, except maybe the master).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 11:44 am
Wow!
I really appreciate everyone’s input.

Thanks...

Got to make my final decision now Smile

minnie mouse

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:00 pm
I have the setup of 4 bdrms 3 baths upstairs. I also have a bathroom on main floor, and 1 in basement. I wouldnt give up any bathrooms! Believe it or not, We have fights almost daily..... Although there are times I wouldnt mind a 5th bedroom...... (when I have to separate to fun loving kids etc)

raich

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:50 pm
Would it help to divide the bathroom into two rooms so one kid can use the toilet/shower/bath privately and another kid can use the sink? This has been incredibly helpful for us.

n

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 3:25 pm
I’d love to see your layout and bedroom size! Our home is 63x20 and we’re in the beginning stages of redoing the bedroom floor...good luck with the decision making!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 3:32 pm
We are 9 people in 3 bedrooms (one tiny), 1.5 bathroom. (Brooklyn)
An extra bedroom wins hands down.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics