Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Not finding new Jewish albums on Youtube Music/ Google Play

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:06 pm
Can someone explain to me how this works?

I have a paid subscription with Google Play - which now switched over to Youtube Music. I often search for the latest albums on there, and they're not there.

Do artists only put them on a couple months later?

I know eventually they end up there so why not right away? I want to listen to these songs but I don't want to buy the CD since I'm paying for this subscription and will likely have access to it sometime later.

I noticed that it is usually on Spotify pretty much right away. Does anyone know how this works?
Do artists purposely wait because they want people to buy the CD's?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:39 pm
Apple Music is great and you can have a subscription even with an Android! My family has a shared subscription that I benefit from.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:41 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Apple Music is great and you can have a subscription even with an Android! My family has a shared subscription that I benefit from.

Don't you need to pay per song?
Do albums get uploaded faster on there?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 4:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Don't you need to pay per song?
Do albums get uploaded faster on there?

They have a music streaming service. Yes they do - they are up when they come out usually.

singleagain

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:48 am
I don't know about specific sites. But I remember hearing a bit about video streaming sites... They all have their own contracts and negotiation... It's possible that spotify or whoever states in their contact they get the new music first fo x number of weeks before it goes on anything else. Or whatever legal red tape they decide.

Maybe it costs the artist more to put it on two services right away. But a little less to wait a bit.

This is just speculation on my part. You can always try to reach out to the artists on social media and ask ...

groovy1224

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:58 am
I have youtube music and I have plenty of jewish music on there. Who specifically are you searching for that you can't find?

Sometimes an album is available immediately after release but sometimes it takes a while.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 2:59 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I have youtube music and I have plenty of jewish music on there. Who specifically are you searching for that you can't find?

Sometimes an album is available immediately after release but sometimes it takes a while.

Yes there's lots of Jewish music, but the recently released ones aren't there.

At the moment I was looking for Shloime Daskal's hartzig 3, and Baruch Levine's Off the Record.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 3:32 pm
Sometimes singers don't release their new songs for streaming because they want people to pay for their cds/ downloads first.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 3:34 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Sometimes singers don't release their new songs for streaming because they want people to pay for their cds/ downloads first.

That's what I was thinking.. but isn't that unfair?
I pay for the streaming service.
I'm not gonna buy it I'll just end up waiting because it would be a waste of money for me to buy and then get access. Why should people need to pay twice if they want to hear a new album?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics