Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3   28  29  30  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:00 am
Thank you! Very helpful

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 4:35 pm
Is meon more academic than bais shaindel?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:31 am
I saw in the voice a new high school Tehillas Bais Yaakov. Does anyone know anything about it or it’s principal Mrs R. Bernfeld?

small bean

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is meon more academic than bais shaindel?

No

small bean

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:43 am
I didn't hear anything about a new shcool but it will be confusing to have an elementary and highschool with the same name.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw in the voice a new high school Tehillas Bais Yaakov. Does anyone know anything about it or it’s principal Mrs R. Bernfeld?

Mrs bernfeld is amazing! She's working in bais shaindel for many many years and has loads of experience working weed ith high school girls.
They didn't want to let her go but she really saw a need for a new high school!
(I think she's from England originally, very gateshead type!)
Dk anything about the new school besides for seeing the ad!)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 5:37 pm
What’s the issue with oros? No one is answering

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What’s the issue with oros? No one is answering

Why do you think there's issues in oros?
I answered you earlier I know 10 ppl that go to oros and are happy there!!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:08 pm
Just saying, there are issues everywhere that might or might not make a difference to your DD!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:11 pm
Hi any more info?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:41 pm
I called Tehillas BY someone called back this was the what happened:

Me: What are the feeder schools you are looking for, what type of family's areyou looking for?

TBY: We are looking to start a new Bais Sheindel we want a very Heimesh and Yeshivish family's with a strong Academic and Tzinus

Me: How can you have a very academic school you have to take every ones little sister you can get the academic girls this year, What is your plan for next year?

TBY: I don't Know

Me: What does a strong stand on Tzinus meen

TBY:We are going to be very into Tzinus

Me: What does that mean are you going to drive everyone nuts with usless rules is that what it means?

TBY: I don't know

Me: Why are you calling me back if you can't answer any of my Questions?

TBY: Most people when they here it is a new Bais Sheindel say it is not for them do you what someone else to call you to answer your questions

Me: Yes please
I am waiting for someone to call me

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:45 pm
So it's going to be like the original bais shaindel..bais rivka rochel girls is the type. Acadmeic means they will learn seriously. Same as bais shaindel.

This is goos bais shaindel is to big.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:51 pm
Lol that phone conversation is hysterical

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

If you seriously asked them if they're going to drive you crazy with tznius rules, you'll probably be waiting a long time for that call back...

Simple1

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:19 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I called Tehillas BY someone called back this was the what happened:

Me: What are the feeder schools you are looking for, what type of family's areyou looking for?

TBY: We are looking to start a new Bais Sheindel we want a very Heimesh and Yeshivish family's with a strong Academic and Tzinus

Me: How can you have a very academic school you have to take every ones little sister you can get the academic girls this year, What is your plan for next year?

TBY: I don't Know

Me: What does a strong stand on Tzinus meen

TBY:We are going to be very into Tzinus

Me: What does that mean are you going to drive everyone nuts with usless rules is that what it means?

TBY: I don't know

Me: Why are you calling me back if you can't answer any of my Questions?

TBY: Most people when they here it is a new Bais Sheindel say it is not for them do you what someone else to call you to answer your questions

Me: Yes please

Why do you want them to call back? It doesn't seem like the right school for you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 5:41 pm
I called the new school and they said it will be like bais shaindel type

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I called the new school and they said it will be like bais shaindel type

It will be like the ideal BS type. Or that is what they are aiming for.

(because BS is a BIG mix, there are all types of girls there.)

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 11:24 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Why do you want them to call back? It doesn't seem like the right school for you.

Is any school the right school for me?

The reason I asked the questions I did:

#1-Feeder schools- Bnos Yakkov and Bnos Haddasah are both good schools but are on different parts of the spectrum, by asking what feeder schools they are looking at I know if they will want me.

#2- Academics- There are many schools that start out with strong academics the question is what do they do with all the younger not very good academic sisters that they are forced to take? I know one school that the academics went straight out the window and another school were if you are not academic you have a hard time. My older girl is academic my next girl is not. What is the plan for my younger DD? Do they have a plan? Are they just going to have to find out the hard way?

#3-Tzinus- What do they mean? Unfortunately I have found that when people say we will fours on Tzinus it means that they just put on a lot of rules that have nothing to help with Tzinus and everything to drive the girls crazy. Is the hand book going to get longer and longer every year as they find more and more stuff to Auser? This is not the best way to get the girls to appreciate Tzinus, What is the best way? I do not know I just see what is not working.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 11:57 pm
Can anyone give more info on meon?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 10:32 am
I think it's good that you asked those questions. When a school says 3 short answers it tells you what is important to them. Are they saying academics, warmth and extra curricular(EC)? Are they saying yeshivish, solid & academic? Or are they saying warm, caring & individual? Each one tells you what they are focused on & you hear from what they are & from what they NOT saying as well.

In this case I got the impression that it will be for more Heimish crowd (more like Bnos Hadassah than Bais Faiga) And the fact that they said that they are opening the school to focus on Tznius is very telling. Good or bad is for you to decide... (I wonder if BS & BY say that in their first 3 descriptions of their goal)
Page 2 of 30   Previous  1  2  3   28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries