Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To all anti vaxers, I'm alone in this situation
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:45 pm
Does your husband and/or older children agree with you? I feel so lonely to have the information that I have, and have my loved ones not listen. My husband and daughter are in the medical field and are planning on taking the covid vaccine shortly. They are not listening to me about the risks. I just spoke to 2 friends that have their whole families on board anti covid vax. I feel like I am the only person in the world that Hashem put in this situation. I wonder if I should wish that I didn't have the info from my life experiences that I do. My younger daughter was concerned about my husband taking it, but I told her that Rav Chaim Kanievsky said people should take it, so I believe totty is going to be ok. That is my current comfort, due to lack of options. She said that I'm anti-vax so if I'm not worried she's not worried. I guess I have my younger children...

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:48 pm
I'm not anti vaxx but I'm not getting the covid vaccine for no money. I thought every person that has a bit of common sense isn’t getting the covid vaccine. Not getting the covid vaccine doesn't fall into the anti vaxx category.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does your husband and/or older children agree with you? I feel so lonely to have the information that I have, and have my loved ones not listen. My husband and daughter are in the medical field and are planning on taking the covid vaccine shortly. They are not listening to me about the risks. I just spoke to 2 friends that have their whole families on board anti covid vax. I feel like I am the only person in the world that Hashem put in this situation. I wonder if I should wish that I didn't have the info from my life experiences that I do. My younger daughter was concerned about my husband taking it, but I told her that Rav Chaim Kanievsky said people should take it, so I believe totty is going to be ok. That is my current comfort, due to lack of options. She said that I'm anti-vax so if I'm not worried she's not worried. I guess I have my younger children...

Interesting that you are using the word 'lonely' and not 'scared'.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:58 pm
I know many families not on the same page where one is getting the vaccine and one isn't

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:05 pm
My husband and I are not in the same page. He gets you shot every year and plans to get Covid vaccine whenever it is available. Ppl can be different. I vaccinate my kids for school and I personally don't get any vaccines. I try to keep informed but also not get swayed by the extremists.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:09 pm
Dear OP,

First remember that nothing happens by "chance" Hashem decides who will be healthy or Ch"V not.

There are Rabbonim and doctors on both sides of the issue. Everybody should make their own
decision.

And remember that Hashem runs the world and if you and your family are are supposed to be healthy, you will be, whether you take the vaccine or not.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:13 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Dear OP,

First remember that nothing happens by "chance" Hashem decides who will be healthy or Ch"V not.

There are Rabbonim and doctors on both sides of the issue. Everybody should make their own
decision.

And remember that Hashem runs the world and if you and your family are are supposed to be healthy, you will be, whether you take the vaccine or not.

Not necessarily. Taking a vaccine that the side effects aren't known is not part of doing hishtadlus to being healthy. Our mazal can change based on what we do.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:16 pm
I dont blame your family members who work in healthcare for taking the vaccine. I’m a health care worker and I just got it a few days ago. The risk of covid illness is higher than any scientific risk from the vaccine. I’m sorry you’re so scared of it.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Not necessarily. Taking a vaccine that the side effects aren't known is not part of doing hishtadlus to being healthy. Our mazal can change based on what we do.

Since there are Rabbonim and doctors who say that taking the vaccine is doing proper hishtadlus,
there is no "negligence" in doing so.

number

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I dont blame your family members who work in healthcare for taking the vaccine. I’m a health care worker and I just got it a few days ago. The risk of covid illness is higher than any scientific risk from the vaccine. I’m sorry you’re so scared of it.
This is true. For those who get a high level of exposure, the vaccine likely is part of their hishtadlus. Hishtadlus is different for everyone, depending on their personal situation. No one in my immediate family plans to get the vaccine, but none of us are in the healthcare field.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:33 pm
im an anti vaxxer who had to vaccinate my kids last year so that they can stay in school since the law changed in ny. my dh is very pro vax but went along with anti vax "craziness" until last year but once it became a public thing and affected schools he was adamant and I did what I had to do. so I totally understand the fear the loneliness and needing to trust hashem that he guided you to your beliefs but also guided your dh to his and put the two of you together. honestly twas the hardest part for me watching other couples navigate this same issue together while dh and I were not on the same page. we argued a lot about it but I came to a place of acceptance; hashem put me here, gave me these kids, this dh and I raised my hands to him. we do what we think is the right hishtadlus but nothing is foolproof and he runs the show whether you vax or you dont. thats the bottom line, whats not in your control, let go and let g-d

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:03 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can take a vaccine that wasn't studied enough and the side effects aren't known. It's scarier than Covid.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:12 pm
Will it become mandatory? I wonder. And what about the ppl who already had the virus? Dh is not against taking the shot (I am) but we all had the virus.

thanks

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can take a vaccine that wasn't studied enough and the side effects aren't known. It's scarier than Covid.

Having a vaccine to immunize against a virus is not a new idea. This vaccine is not that different than any other, such as flu, polio, mmr, etc. Most of us vaccinate against those viruses and there isn't even an outbreak, let alone a worldwide pandemic. I'm not scared of it. I think the fear of the vaccine is propaganda.
Ask a doctor you trust. (S)he will probably tell you it's safe and a good idea. Most conventional doctors are saying that.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:41 am
I’m still in my child bearing years. I do not want my children to get it and I won’t.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 12:54 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
And what about the ppl who already had the virus? .

I don't know what the policy is in America. In Israel the current policy is that there is no medical reason why people who have had Corona should not get the vaccine. At the moment, with limited supplies, it is reserved who people who have not had Corona. Later, when supplies become more widely available, anyone who has had Corona will also be able to have it, and it appears to give them a higher level of antibodies than you get from the disease.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:29 am
Elfrida wrote:
I don't know what the policy is in America. In Israel the current policy is that there is no medical reason why people who have had Corona should not get the vaccine. At the moment, with limited supplies, it is reserved who people who have not had Corona. Later, when supplies become more widely available, anyone who has had Corona will also be able to have it, and it appears to give them a higher level of antibodies than you get from the disease.

Everything I read is that people who has COVID should not get the vaccine. It's unknown what the affects will be especially on someone who is a long hauler - dealing with after affects of COVID.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 2:50 am
Since your husband and daughter are healthcare workers, in theory they have some scientific knowledge. Whats their reasoning for taking the vaccine vs your arguments? From your post, I'm assuming they're opting to take the shot, they're not being forced

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 3:00 am
I'm not anti-vax, but I'm anti Corona vax -- at least for people like me and my kids who are all healthy and young. My elderly Grandpa with background diseases should get the vaccine. It all depends who you are, and we should all have the right to do what's best for ourselves, and not be pressured to risk our health or especially our children's health, for the sake of the elderly or the immunocompromised.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 3:04 am
I was sceptic about the corona vacs but since R' Kanievsky spoke and said: 'lo efchad' I'm convinced.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics