Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Kol isha for infant boy
Previous  1  2

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:32 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
That’s not very nice. She came here asking if something is an issue, because it’s not something she grew up with.

It was harsh, but I hope op has mentors that help her make sure she doesn’t take things too far, with good intentions.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One of the worst cases of unnecessarily making assumptions!

If I suffered from BT syndrome, I'd just have told the grandparents to not let him listen to toys and recordings with girls singing. Instead, I wanted to educate myself. So, I came on here to ask a question because I didn't fully understand the halacha, the purpose behind the halacha, the hashkafic issues involved, etc. Now that I have my answer, I'm good.

I know a lot of BTs who suffer from BT syndrome. BTs syndrome is just imposing unnecessary rules without even taking the time to learn the actual rules and the reasoning behind them.

Exactly.

Good for you.

Enjoy your baby. May he be a source of nachat to H, you, Am Yisrael, and HIMSELF!

Redbird

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:18 pm
His morah will be singing with him in a few years.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I think your hashkafa question is a great question. It's why some communities switch girls to skirts at 3 because how do you explain the sudden switch at 9 or 12. I would say stop when you think he's old enough to understand the person singing is a girl. I think that would be close to 9 either way.

AFAIK, the reason 3 year olds wear skirts are because boys aren't allowed to touch/hear sing/have yichud with/see untznius girls over 3.
Even though a girl is allowed to do all those with a boy 3-9.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:14 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
It was harsh, but I hope op has mentors that help her make sure she doesn’t take things too far, with good intentions.

OP is asking, right? That means she’s looking for guidance. Hopefully she doesn’t get all her guidance from here, and in real life has someone with whom she can discuss things.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics