Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Spoon feeding toddler
Previous  1  2

Would you spoon feed 3 year old if they otherwise don't want to eat?
Yes  
 47%  [ 21 ]
No  
 40%  [ 18 ]
Other  
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 44

avrahamama

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 1:59 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I might be interpreting wrong but it sounds like you're saying hunger is a great incentive for kids to behave? I hope that's not what you meant.

I think she meant behave at the table.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 2:24 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I think she meant behave at the table.

Yes she clarified, I deleted my post.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 3:05 pm
Rappel wrote:
How does this play out in your home?

I leave a plate of food on the table with multiple items. If my toddler is hungry she’ll walk over to the table and take a bite from her plate. Then she runs off to play and comes back another hour later for another bite etc. I definitely see that when she’s hungry she is willing to eat on her own and willing to eat at all. She’s usually very picky otherwise.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When my 3 yo doesn't want to sit by the table and eat his supper I usually sit next to him and feed it to him. I want to break this habit. He can feed himself like he does at school. But if I don't feed it to him it'll just stay on his plate. Last night I told him his supper is on the table and he can come eat it like a big boy. He chose to play instead and his supper went in the garbage. Advice?

My doctor says it's normal for a toddler to not eat s lot one week a ton the other. As long as their is no weight issue or nutrition issue ( when he eats does he only have one food or does he have a variety like chicken, veggies). Nothing to worry about. Will your child not eat for 3 days? Or will he eventually eat? Food for me goes in the garbage a lot with young kids.... It's ok. Toddlers are smart. If you keep feeding him he is reinforced and will know that you will cave and eventually feed him, so he waits...are you ok with this arrangement? If you are not... It may take a day or two but I'd you stop feeding him he will eventually learn to feed himself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics