Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Multiplication Help

Fave

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:44 pm
My son is struggling with the multiplication table. He’s a bright kid, but the COVID shutdown did a number on his attention span and willingness to learn....

At this point he is not even interested in trying to do better.

I’d like to help him, but it would need to be in a fun manner. I’m particularly interested in recommendations for online educational games that will help him with his multiplication.

TIA

Last edited by Fave on Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

teachkids

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:50 pm
Multiplication.com has a ton

Fave

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:22 pm
Thanks!

animeme

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 7:24 pm
Agreed on that site. It's great.

Do your best. But... some kids just don't get them. If he doesn't, he won't be alone. Ds has an accomodation for a calculator in math because his facts are just not there. If he really can't use one for something, he gets extra time, and just counts.

Fave

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:01 pm
animeme wrote:
Agreed on that site. It's great.

Do your best. But... some kids just don't get them. If he doesn't, he won't be alone. Ds has an accomodation for a calculator in math because his facts are just not there. If he really can't use one for something, he gets extra time, and just counts.

That’s what my son claims - no need to to memorize the table because everyone has a calculator on their phone....

He’s using the multiplication.com app now. He likes the car racing game. Let’s see how long that will hold his interest.

Rixter

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 8:37 pm
Maybe just try to do flashcards a few times a week with him and make a contest out of it. Flashcards help the fluency and accuracy of multiplication like nothing else!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries