Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Everyone has a baby, Mommy! Why don't you get us one?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:16 pm
ok

Tell me what to answer my adorable way too smart for me four year old

She is dreaming of a baby and a carriage and.....

there is nothing on the horizon as far as I can see.

She doesn't stop.

It's getting to me and I really feel her

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:18 pm
“Whenever Hashem decides.” Does she have dolls and carriages and cribs she can play with?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:22 pm
Validate her. Let her express her jealousy say you also really want a baby and how cute and precious it is but hashem decided not to give us one. (physical emotional or mental reasons)
I'm experienced lol it's my weekly conversation with my 5 yr old been yachid.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:29 pm
My daughter tells me that she is davening to hashem for a baby sister. She only has brothers. My shalom bayis and health ain’t the best so it’s not happening any time soon and possibly never 😢. But I just tell her that it’s up to hashem. And it truly is, he can heal all the issues and we can move forward, but until then...

rikki!

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 9:36 pm
I thought it says: everyone has a ”baby mommy” lol. Maybe add a comma after baby😊

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:23 pm
rikki! wrote:
I thought it says: everyone has a ”baby mommy” lol. Maybe add a comma after baby😊

Lol I opened the thread because it sounded so intriguing. I wondered if I was missing out by not having my own baby-mama. Maybe they are like a second wife??

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:27 pm
When DS asks when we're "getting a baby"(usually precipitated by one of his classmates "getting" one), I tell him I haven't ordered one from Amazon.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:33 pm
I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I say it very clearly that we have the number we do, in a very assertive way which makes it clear, without actually saying it, that we aren't having more. I knew I wouldn't have the energy for endless conversations on the topic...

Sora "I want another baby"

Mommy "well we have shalom, and Brocha and you and that is perfect for our family"

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:50 pm
My “baby” cried for a baby for years. And finally her wish came true when she was 11 years old. And now she’s super jealous of the baby and it’s definitely a challenge! But yea it’s so hard when your child is begging for one and there’s not much you can do.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 10:58 pm
My daughter was an ‘only’ till she was 5 3/4; she asked me for a baby all the time. She of course had no idea that we wanted one more than anything but despite years of treatment we were left without. I took it as a unique opportunity to teach her about the power and the limitations of tefillah. We had many, age appropriate conversations about how Hashem is in charge and He knows what’s best for us and sometimes we get what we Daven for and sometimes we don’t. I consider myself blessed beyind measure in that when we told her we were expecting (at like 23 weeks) we framed it as Hashem answers her Tefillos with a YES

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok

Tell me what to answer my adorable way too smart for me four year old

She is dreaming of a baby and a carriage and.....

there is nothing on the horizon as far as I can see.

She doesn't stop.

It's getting to me and I really feel her

When my kids did that, I said daven to hashem, I made a big deal around cousins "look you have such a cute baby you can play with now while they visit", I got lot's of dolls and doll accessories.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 11:20 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I say it very clearly that we have the number we do, in a very assertive way which makes it clear, without actually saying it, that we aren't having more. I knew I wouldn't have the energy for endless conversations on the topic...

Sora "I want another baby"

Mommy "well we have shalom, and Brocha and you and that is perfect for our family"

I love your answer! I'm going to use it from now on. It puts such a positive spin on it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:14 am
Same thing here. My 3.5 year old is baby obsessed. She’s a very maternal and loving kid. She davens for “two babies, a girl and a boy!” (There are a few sets of twin nieces and nephews. She was shabbos mommy at school and as part of the ritual the morah has the girls “light” the candles and cover their eyes. She told me she “davened so hard for twins!” I am dealing with SIF and little does she know that I’m davening for the same...

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 4:53 am
My 4 yr old is my last. She asks for a baby constantly. I tell her she is very lucky to have older siblings and she can play with all of our neighbor's babies.
"This is what Hashem decided for our family"

She puts a doll under her shirt and tells me shes having a baby Very Happy

I don't tell her to daven and I don't make jokes about ordering one from Amazon. She knows babies don't come from there. I am in my mid 40s and have an IUD. No more babies are happening.

Every family has a youngest child. And I'm 99% sure all youngests want a baby sibling at some point.

Metukah

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 5:12 am
I think my kids gave up by the time my baby was born. There is an over 6 year gap between my 2 youngest.

When they did ask for another baby I felt guilty telling them to daven when I knew I was actively avoiding pregnancy. When I stopped taking BC and got pregnant I told them they should daven for a baby, so when I told them at about 7 months they were pleased Hashem answered their tefillos.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 5:15 am
Time to adopt a cat 😁

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:21 am
the validation feels so good

the suggestions sound

Thanks Hashem for Imamother!

you women are the best

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:21 am
OP, if it makes you feel better my 2 oldest are davening for another baby and arguing if it should be a boy or girl, so they "compromised" and agreed it should be boy/girl twins.

Our baby is THREE MONTHS OLD, and this happened 3 weeks ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics