Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Can I have 2 or 3 cell phones with the same number

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:27 am
Does anyone have it?
One number but 2 phones for kids to share

Classicookie

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:48 am
Why does it need to have the same number if each kid had a separate phone?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:50 am
You can have a Google Voice number forward to both lines. But when they call it will show a different number on caller id.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:46 pm
So 2 or 3 phones ring in 3 different locations and 3 different people pick up? IMO doesnt make sense

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:42 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
So 2 or 3 phones ring in 3 different locations and 3 different people pick up? IMO doesnt make sense

It wont be for regular use. If I send two kids separately and need to contact them. I dont want another line.
Im just asking if there is such a thing.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:54 pm
No, but there are ways to make a number ring to two different numbers. But each phone needs its own number associated with it.
Unless it has internet and you're using it with a VoIP app and doesn't have any cell reception on its own. But I can't imagine how that would work when out and about and not always by WiFi.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:54 pm
(I think I use the word "but" too much, lol. That's my brain at work racing through possibilities!)

GLUE

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:45 pm
I use public wireless we have a house phone and a cell phone with the same # I do not know if you can have 2 cell phones or it only works on a house line and a cell line

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:12 am
Bumping this up. I would like to leave my smartphone in my room for work related needs but would like to have a flip phone for calls and texts. Any way to have 2 phones associated with one number? Any help with this , would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:14 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
Bumping this up. I would like to leave my smartphone in my room for work related needs but would like to have a flip phone for calls and texts. Any way to have 2 phones associated with one number? Any help with this , would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

You can have your smart phone logged into WiFi and get your emails and What'sApp. No phone calls.
Your flip phone will have your phone calls and SMS text messages.
You can switch the sim card if you need, to make non What'sApp phone calls on your smart phone. But then they won't ring on your flip phone until you switch back (just open back and switch).

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:06 am
TIA

Probably to set up a Google voice number that forwards to the flipphone but you can access the apps of it on the smartphone

Living Princess

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 9:59 am
TIA

Was just thinking about this! Would love to leave my smartphone at work.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:22 am
In my opinion, the easiest way to contact two people at the same time is to just add the second person or third person and then it becomes a conference call. It is very easy to do this on phones as you literally just add the second phone and then everyone is connected.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 10:31 am
I wrote this on another thread.

Ppl have 2 phones.
$8/month tello
$20/month kosher phone company

Flip phone for talk and text only.
5gb/$15/month tello
4gb/$15/month mint

Smartphone used like a tablet with data only - no talk. For WhatsApp, Waze, email, zell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics