Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Quarantine if exposed but already had the virus

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 12:36 pm
And also have antibodies...
Last I heard if there are positive antibodies and a person was exposed, quarantine is not necessary-

Is this the protocol now?

elsily

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:25 pm
I don’t think so. You prob still need to quarantine bc you could pass it on to someone else even if u don’t get sick since u have antibodies.

flower2

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 1:31 pm
You do not need to quarantine if you had Covid within the last 3 months. If you had it before that, you do.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:20 pm
flower2 wrote:
You do not need to quarantine if you had Covid within the last 3 months. If you had it before that, you do.

Where did you get that information?

flower2

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:23 pm
https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru......html

Relevant portion:
Who needs to quarantine?
People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19—excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months.

People who have tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months as long as they do not develop symptoms again. People who develop symptoms again within 3 months of their first bout of COVID-19 may need to be tested again if there is no other cause identified for their symptoms.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:42 pm
flower2 wrote:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fif-you-are-sick%2Fquarantine-isolation.html

Relevant portion:
Who needs to quarantine?
People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19—excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months.

People who have tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months as long as they do not develop symptoms again. People who develop symptoms again within 3 months of their first bout of COVID-19 may need to be tested again if there is no other cause identified for their symptoms.

It doesn’t say if someone has antibodies now...

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It doesn’t say if someone has antibodies now...

She quoted from the CDC in response to what seemed to be your question. What exactly is your question?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:48 pm
If a person has antibodies and they were exposed to covid, do they still need to quarantine?

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 3:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If a person has antibodies and they were exposed to covid, do they still need to quarantine?

Leaving aside the antibodies for a moment, when did the person have covid? I assume the antibodies are not from the immunization- or are they?

The guidelines seem to indicate that if the person had covid within the last three months, they do not need to quarantine. Otherwise, presumably they do have to quarantine.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 4:02 pm
gold21 wrote:
Leaving aside the antibodies for a moment, when did the person have covid? I assume the antibodies are not from the immunization- or are they?

The guidelines seem to indicate that if the person had covid within the last three months, they do not need to quarantine. Otherwise, presumably they do have to quarantine.

What about a person that had the virus back in march/april and still has antibodies?

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 4:06 pm
The CDC guidelines that were posted have already answered that question. But feel free to speak to your own doctor.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 6:37 pm
elsily wrote:
I don’t think so. You prob still need to quarantine bc you could pass it on to someone else even if u don’t get sick since u have antibodies.

That does not make sense.....what are vaccines then....

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:03 pm
doodlesmom wrote:

Im afraid theyll keep making new rules in the name of covid to control the people. Even with the vaccine.

elsily

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:09 pm
doodlesmom wrote:

Didn’t you know that even with the covid vaccine you still have to wear a mask and SD? There’s not enough data yet that it prevents you from spreading it if you’ve been exposed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics