Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do your kids know that you're on imamother?
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 4:46 am
Unless you hide internet access altogether, I don't get why its such a big deal. I TOLD my 11 year old about a website I can ask thousands of jewish ladies for their opinion without them knowing who I am. Sometimes I'm the one asking advice, and other times I'm. here giving advice... This website is a great resource. He was amazed. Is it better for them to know the internet is only for shopping, or is that a secret too.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 4:54 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
The grammatically correct way would be to say:
Do your kids not does your kids

The grammatically correct way would be to put a period after your sentence.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 5:57 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Just downplay it in the morning.
'Sorry I was stressed out last night, guess I was tired and need to rest more.'
And that's it.
No need to mention imamother again. I doubt your son will mention it in cheder, and even if he does, so what? So his mom sometimes reads a forum for frum Jewish women? I don't think it's some hot piece of gossip that will interest his friends or teachers.

Right? What’s wrong with Imamother?
I’m here for the recipes.
I make challah every week from a recipe I got here.
You don’t have to tell him you vent here.
Some people block forums (intimacy for example) so as far as he’s concerned you can be one of them.

Tell him you were very tired and wanted some privacy in your room to relax and not anyone jumping around and looking over you shoulder. And in the future he should please knock before entering your or someone else’s room. The end.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 6:39 am
giselle wrote:
That’s preteen...

Right! I mixed it up with teens, meant to say he's not a teen .

mfb

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 7:06 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
The grammatically correct way would be to say:
Do your kids not does your kids

I sometimes wonder if the color is given out according to the comment!
This is certainly a very BLACK comment.
And of absolutely no help to the op who is already in a vulnerable mood!!!!!

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 7:57 am
OP, it's so normal for kids to peak on their parents phone while they're on the phone, the kid didn't do anything wrong. If you want privacy, lock the door. Your extreme overreaction though might indicate on a bigger problem. Perhaps you've got an internet addiction that caused you to react this way?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 7:58 am
My couch isn't up against a wall and my 10 year old had this tendency of sneaking up behind me and reading my screen.
I explained to him many times that it's not a mentchlich thing to do (to anyone) and he should please be careful about it.
I wouldn't talk to your son about the specific website, I think you need to drop that part.
Just talk to him about basic mentchlichkeit, not sneaking up on someone, giving Mommy space and private time etc..
You could speak to him about specifically last night and apologize for overreacting. But again, I wouldn't mention the website as being the issue (even though in your heart that's what's bothering you a lot). Just say I really needed some space and I'm sorry I got so upset at you when you just walked in without warning. Mommys need to recharge by themselves in order to have koach to take care of everyone else.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 8:49 am
Success10 wrote:
My 6yo son thinks that imamother is work. He thinks the amount of orange stars on top of my name equals how much work I've done. And he thinks that when I fill up all 6 stars, I'm done with work! Smile

Hilarious! I chuckled at this! Now if only we'd be paid to be on imamother....

honeymoon

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 8:55 am
InnerMe wrote:
Hilarious! I chuckled at this! Now if only we'd be paid to be on imamother....

I'd be chilling in the Bahamas eating restaurant fare while my maid back home would be cleaning my 4 story mansion and pruning the bushes in my 5 acre garden...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Dec 26 2020, 8:27 am
Yes, because DH started reading the open forums and DC saw what DH was doing on the phone...also DC sometimes comes up to me to ask a question when I'm on imamother...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Dec 26 2020, 8:30 am
Success10 wrote:
My 6yo son thinks that imamother is work. He thinks the amount of orange stars on top of my name equals how much work I've done. And he thinks that when I fill up all 6 stars, I'm done with work! Smile

My 6yo also thinks imamother is work. But that disappears the moment they learn to read....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics