Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Heavy - use Couches

Justlookup

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 9:01 am
I need to get a couch but it will be used in a public space (school lounge) so I need something that will hold up very well to heavy use, much more than normal home use.
Any ideas of what I should get /not get? And which companies to look into?
Thanks

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 9:58 am
You need to get a couch that is intended for commercial purposes. There is furniture that is specifically intended for this as would be the upholstery fabric.

It is cost effective because even the most expensive and well made furniture made for residential use is not going to last given the kind of use it would have.

Justlookup

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 8:55 pm
Thanks.
Do you know where I would find commercial furniture?

Fox

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 9:16 pm
I would suggest looking into used hotel furniture. There are a couple of these outlets in Chicago, and I assume there are similar ones in most large cities. They purchase hotel furniture when hotels are redecorated, and most of it is in great condition.

I've known several schools that purchased various items, and I've purchased a ton of stuff for my home over the years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars