Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What can you add here

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 7:42 pm
I learnt something valuable today. I'm sitting and musing about my friends lives. This one is always splurging on vacation & this one is having her second baby and this one has the perfect job and that one is so successful in whatever she does. But then I stopped- and I thought about my thoughts. The first one who is always splurging on vacations, doesn't have the best marriage even though everything looks rosy. The one who is having a second baby when I am longing for one has such a hard time paying rent for her apartment and to put food on her table. The one with the perfect job is still looking for her bashert. She throws herself in to her job. Her job is practically her life. & the one who is so successful in life? Who says because they post on social media that their life is a bed of roses that it is?
My job might not be the best paying one, and my house might not be the prettiest one, and I may still be waiting for a baby but my life was cut out for me and is the perfect one for me and is the one that I am living. I learnt not to look over on other people's shoulders and to focus on what I HAVE not to look on the other side of the fence and see if the grass is greener.

Thanks for letting me vent Smile

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 8:56 pm
Wow you are awesome! Also waiting for #1 but I do know that I’m so blessed in other ways Bh with the sweetest DH. But sometimes it’s so hard to have this perspective...say when your period comes lol

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 9:03 pm
No one no one no one has a perfect life, no matter how perfect someone elses life seems.

Also instagram is all fake and can make you think everyone else has it all and you dont

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 11:34 pm
It's great that you recognize the good things in your life. Gratitude makes all the difference.

And of course, social media is just a facade.

Don't buy into the idea that just because someone has lots of good things, something in her life must secretly be bad. That's not how the world works. Some people really are blessed with health and wealth, family, career, and relationships. Some people have a hard time in every area. It doesn't all balance out, at least not in this world. Be happy for what you have, be happy for what others have, and don't expect everything to be fair, because otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics