Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
An observation about imamother
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:32 am
Only on imamother.

Q: Tell me about the bugaboo fox
A: get the uppa baby vista (posts get a bunch of thumbs up)

Q: tell me about becoming a dr
A: become a PT (post gets a bunch of thumbs up)

Lol a common trend I noticed here. People love to hate on the newer, the prettier, the trendier, the more talented, the smarter, the more expensive.
Whatโ€™s the deal?!?

Throw the ๐Ÿ… tomatoes

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:37 am
Huh? Contrary opinions aren't limited to imamother. Nor is not answering the question asked

Success10

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:38 am
Maybe in the above scenarios, they were just giving genuinely good advice? And other posters agreed?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:40 am
Success10 wrote:
Maybe in the above scenarios, they were just giving genuinely good advice? And other posters agreed?

.telling someone who wants to become a medical doctor to become a pt is genuinely NOT good advice.

That poster was talking about how financially pt was way more lucrative. If your becoming a Physician for $$$ maybe that's good advice otherwise, Nope.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:44 am
Youโ€™re right. Sometimes I feel like Iโ€™m back to high school reading peopleโ€™s comments, remarks, and see what posts get โ€œhuggedโ€.

But I use imamother mostly for informational purposes only and not to socialize. I enjoy open minded, non judgmental people who can keep their comments and opinions respectful. Very few like these on here, and more IRL. Maybe because IRL itโ€™s embarrassing to be how some are on here.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:45 am
Yup. Itโ€™s a contest on this site- who spends the least amount of money possible.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:56 am
Where did you get the tomato emoji from? Really curious!

(Lol, this drives home the point you made...)

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:56 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Youโ€™re right. Sometimes I feel like Iโ€™m back to high school reading peopleโ€™s comments, remarks, and see what posts get โ€œhuggedโ€.

But I use imamother mostly for informational purposes only and not to socialize. I enjoy open minded, non judgmental people who can keep their comments and opinions respectful. Very few like these on here, and more IRL. Maybe because IRL itโ€™s embarrassing to be how some are on here.

Yup. They would be embarrassed to say these things IRL. Hopefully.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:59 am
SuperWify wrote:
Yup. Itโ€™s a contest on this site- who spends the least amount of money possible.

No worse and probably a lot better than social groups whose members show off how MUCH they spend, usually on frivolous things, with top honors going to the biggest spenders. As my dad always told me, spending a lot of money requires only money and nothing else. (And sometimes people who spend a lot don't even have the money to spend but are buying on credit, which is usually stupid and also dishonest if they have no solid prospects of acquiring the money to pay back.) Spending very little money requires patience, brains, planning, principles and self-discipline.

Last edited by zaq on Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:59 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Where did you get the tomato emoji from? Really curious!

(Lol, this drives home the point you made...)

Iโ€™m so happy thatโ€™s what I got out of this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜

Lol Iโ€™m typing on my iPhone

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:01 am
zaq wrote:
No worse and probably a lot better than social groups whose members show off how MUCH they spend, usually on frivolous things, with top honors going to the biggest spenders. As my dad always told me, spending a lot of money requires only money and nothing else. (And sometimes people who spend a lot don't even have the money to spend but are buying on credit, which is usually stupid and also dishonest if they have no solid prospects of acquiring the money to pay back.) Spending very little money requires patience, brains, planning, principles and self-discipline.

Why canโ€™t we strive for a happy healthy medium?

enneamom

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:02 am
zaq wrote:

This 100%

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:08 am
enneamom wrote:
This 100%
This! I haven't seen you for a while enneamom! Hello!

enneamom

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:09 am
ShishKabob wrote:
This! I haven't seen you for a while enneamom! Hello!

Hi, I've been here incognito for the past day or so. Shhhh... Maybe I'll still break free... LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:13 am
zaq wrote:

I like this Smile words of a wise man... but how does that explain hating on med school and the like?! We can also acknowledge the function and the beauty of something without bashing, not a contradiction ...

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Iโ€™m so happy thatโ€™s what I got out of this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜

Lol Iโ€™m typing on my iPhone

Thanks for quenching my suspense!

The other day, I was browsing the Imamother aisles in search for a tomato. There are none!

enneamom

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:16 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Thanks for quenching my suspense!

The other day, I was browsing the Imamother aisles in search for a tomato. There are none!

The question is, how good of a deal can you get on Imamother tomatoes. It requires brains and discipline!

OOTforlife

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:18 am
This is typical internet forum behavior. I donโ€™t think people are "hating," but most just think they know better than the poster what would be the "best" course of action. Sometimes it's because they're projecting their own circumstances and preferences and it's unwarranted.

Other times they recognize that the OP is asking a different question, but disagree with a key underlying assumption and feel it's worth trying to persuade the OP. To make an extreme example, if someone asked, "What's the safest way to drive home after 5 drinks," I think a lot of people would respond telling them not to drive home at all or to take a taxi.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like this Smile words of a wise man... but how does that explain hating on med school and the like?! We can also acknowledge the function and the beauty of something without bashing, not a contradiction ...

I don't think anyone was hating on med school in that thread. I think they were being realistic about the demands. And after a few years of marriage and kids we forget about passion and drive and just kind of want to take the path of least resistance.

You know it will be tough. You know that residencies could be anywhere in the country and that you can't necessarily even offer a support system to your child and their possible growing family. So you tell them to "play it safe"

Same with strollers or anything else. Something seems pretty and shiny and new so you ask for information about it. Someone will jump in and say yes it's pretty and shiny and new but it's not practical.

I think we just have a lot of practical ladies here.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Well, yes, this is true. Telling someone who wants to be X that she should be X minus Y is insulting. Depressing someone's ambitions is just wrong. It's the sort of condescending thing male advisors would tell female students back in the Dark Ages.

But I was responding specifically to the post about imamothers being proud of how little they spend, not about jealous cats who don't have prestigious careers and don't want anyone else to achieve any more than they did.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics