Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Health Insurance Choice Help!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:54 pm
Hi All! I am so confused about the health plans. Interested in hearing what other people here who are not eligible for subsidy has done. Which plan did you choose and why?

TIA!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:47 pm
I called a good broker. Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I called a good broker. Smile

And what was ur verdict?

lk1234

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And what was ur verdict?

OP - I just went through this parsha for the past month. This is not a 1 2 3 answer. You need to speak to thoroughly look at all options and see what works best for your family. It is not a simple, quick imamother response. I highly suggest you call a health insurance broker now, if you can get through to one.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:42 pm
lk1234 wrote:
OP - I just went through this parsha for the past month. This is not a 1 2 3 answer. You need to speak to thoroughly look at all options and see what works best for your family. It is not a simple, quick imamother response. I highly suggest you call a health insurance broker now, if you can get through to one.

Can you please give me a name of broker you recommend?

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:53 pm
I used cosmo insurance
2 yrs ago they helped me sign up on the last day..

Pearl5

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:55 pm
Diamant insurance agency

jd1212

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:55 pm
You can call me if you’d like- I sell life, disability, and health insurance. The only way to get a non-group (as in for 1 family) health insurance policy, outside the state marketplace exchange, is if someone in your household is self-employed at least 20+ hours/week and can sign up for a special business owner union plan I work with. Be aware that they’re full-price and not government subsidized. So you’re looking at $1,600-$2,500 for a family depending on the plan, and each member on the plan has to answer 10 health questions of major medical conditions to enroll. PM me for my phone number.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I used cosmo insurance
2 yrs ago they helped me sign up on the last day..

Do you know what insurance companies they deal with?
Just wondering before I call them

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:22 am
I believe open enrollment in New Jersey runs through January 31, 2021.

A good broker generally handles insurance with all the providers - at least mine did. I would recommend him but I am in California. A broker will also be able to purchase insurance even if you get a subsidy because they are paid the premium as if there was no subsidy since the premium is paid to the insurance company and the government subsidy is paid to you.

At least in my experience you can purchase through your state's marketplace even if you are not eligible for a subsidy. It is sometimes helpful just to get a sense of the different policies and benefits that are available because just to have some idea of what private insurance provides and costs.

Do you have any knowledge of what private health insurance is in terms of premiums, out of pockets costs capped, deductibles, networks, HMO, PPO, co-payments etc. As posted above, the actual choice of a policy is very difficult even for knowledgable people because there are so many variables and each family will have different viewpoints in determining how they want to proceed - basically, all things being equal you calculate premium cost and then how much you would pay in deductibles, co-payments and the out of pocket annual cap (which generally isn't relevant unless you have large medical expenses in a year) and THEN you also throw in what kind of network a plan has and how important it is for you to be able to have the ability to go to a wider choice because generally the bigger the network, the more expensive the plan.

But even then most people don't make the right choice because it is so complicated

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1.....ion=1

The range of choice is generally heralded as a good thing: Not everyone wants the same plan, the thinking goes, so offering multiple options helps people shop for the one that is best for them. That logic drove the creation of Medicare Advantage, with legislation passed by Republicans, and drove the design of Obamacare, with legislation passed by Democrats.

But it turns out in real life most people are terrible at picking the health plan that is right for them. Health insurance is a complicated financial product, and study after study has shown that people routinely pick bad plans, even choosing options that leave them worse off financially in every possible scenario. And, because people are so bad at choosing good plans, the market often sends weird signals to insurance companies, encouraging them to offer more of the wrong plans instead of the right ones.

Dollyz

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know what insurance companies they deal with?
Just wondering before I call them

They deal with all the insurance companies in NJ.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries