Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is this part of sleep or a morning nap?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:23 pm
If 2 month old wakes at 5:45 am, and then after feeding, changing diaper, etc, about 45 minutes later goes back to sleep for another 2 or 3 hours, is that second stretch of sleep part of overnight sleep or a morning nap?

I ask because I would love for the first morning feed to be about 8 or 8:30 am. When I feed her in the morning, I open the lights, shades, etc. When she wakes at 6 or before that, I don't do that because I want her to associate it with still night. This is totally for selfish reasons - I do much better with a few hours of sleep in the morning. But if her sleep rhythm is like her father's, then it would be her morning, which is probably healthier and a better life habit.

I guess my real question is, should I make that first wakeup her official morning wakeup (open lights, etc)? Will it make it less likely that she'll go back to sleep for a 2-3 hour nap?

If it matters to this question, supposedly there's an actual difference in sleep quality between a day nap and actual night sleep.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:26 pm
I consider it part of the night sleep

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:27 pm
If she goes back to sleep for another few hours, it's still part of the nights sleep.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:27 pm
Unless she's going to sleep for the night very very early, it's part of her night stretch. This is normal for this age.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:30 pm
I agree. Its continuation of night sleep. She can go back for morning nap at 10 or 11
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics