Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toy that will keep a 3 year old boy busy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:06 pm
I got a $50 amazon gift card for a chanuka present. I want to buy something for my son that will keep him busy for a while. Hes not interested in most things. He plays with his cars, trucks and magnatiles.
Anyone have any good ideas? (not something too fine motor-y like clics or little lego)
Thanks!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:11 pm
My ds can play for hours with his Mitzvah Kinder. Not sure if that can be purchased on Amazon but just buy it locally and use the Amazon gift card for yourself.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:22 pm
What about sensory bins? They keep my son busy. You can put together your own or buy ready made ones.

-Sunnygirl

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:27 pm
have a 3 yr old son. he loves his magna tiles together with mitzvah kinder and also just got him straws and connectors which hes learning to use and really likes bH.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:53 pm
What about duplo LEGO?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:20 pm
SuperWify wrote:
What about sensory bins? They keep my son busy. You can put together your own or buy ready made ones.

Thats a good idea. Thank you

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:21 pm
Playmobil

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:21 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
My ds can play for hours with his Mitzvah Kinder. Not sure if that can be purchased on Amazon but just buy it locally and use the Amazon gift card for yourself.

I would get but theyre so expensive and then if hes not interested I wasted a lot of money

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
What about duplo LEGO?

I have but hes not interested at all Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:23 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Playmobil

Thats a good idea! Which set has a lot of interesting pieces that would keep him busy?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats a good idea! Which set has a lot of interesting pieces that would keep him busy?

My 3 year old DS likes the barn with silo, but he has a thing for farms. I would cater to your son's interest. If he likes construction, for example, or fire or police. You might even show him some of the options online and let him choose. I let mine look at his before we ordered it.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:11 pm
Isn’t playmobile for older kids? I think there might be a toddler line.

What about “little people”. Fisher price has, and vtech has a version and other brands make. On Amazon. Theres a company that’s makes wooden ones.
Also you can buy a set of neighborhood “people” like policeman etc..
And I think there’s a brand called mentchies on Amazon that we have

Cars and trucks?

lucky14

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:34 pm
My son likes his trucks and magnatiles and at that age I just kept buying him more trucks and truck sets. That's what he liked and that's what kept him busy.

lucky14

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
My 3 year old DS likes the barn with silo, but he has a thing for farms. I would cater to your son's interest. If he likes construction, for example, or fire or police. You might even show him some of the options online and let him choose. I let mine look at his before we ordered it.

Very much agree with this. Also at that age some kids might get a little overwhelmed with the sets with lots of little pieces. I think my son had his playmobil firetruck at that age. It just came with two firefighters and a couple of accessories and he has spent a lot of time playing with that. But yes, purchase based on what your child is interested in.

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:41 pm
My 3 yr old son loves his Shabbos set, it’s a little table with pretend dishes and Shabbos food...he loves playing out the Shabbos seudah. He even has a dress up beketcha and streimel.
He loves his dress up stuff, police hat and vest, construction worker set, etc.
He loves his toy toll set, drill, screws, etc.
He also likes his mentchies and sets them up inside his manga tile houses.

I strongly discourage playmobile...make s a huge mess...I think it’s for older kids.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:42 pm
My grandson loves magnatiles, playstix, and his Melissa and Doug railroad (which is more than your card, although we found the $120 set on sale for about $70 a couple of times).

Stars

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:55 pm
Stickers! No toy keeps my kids occupied. They’d rather play with the box. Stickers and crayons keeps them busy for a while though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics