Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Outdoor activities for kids- Miami
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much to those that responded with ideas! I really appreciate it, I will check them out!
To the posters judging my husband... so yes there is a major difference between ladies on the beach in bikinis and ladies that are in shorts and low neck tops... my husband is not this yeshivish guy and not gonna bring a Sefer along on our trip. My husband is out in the work force and is used to seeing how people walk around here in the summer. He is extremely uncomfortable with sitting on a beach full of bikinis. I’m sorry if you don’t understand the difference between the 2. I guess it’s a sensitivity that some people have.
Also I’m happy to stay off the beach and spend family time at a park, have a picnic, eat out and go to the seaquarium. No need to feel bad for me.

Sure there's a difference between the 2. But not when it comes to shemiras eynayim. If a man is really stringent with shemiras eynayim, there's no difference between the 2 for him. You're just saying it to make yourself feel better. And plenty of women walk around in Miami with a bra & shorts.
A man that stringent with shemiras eynayim but wants to vacation in a beach city is a bit of cliché.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Sure there's a difference between the 2. But not when it comes to shemiras eynayim. If a man is really stringent with shemiras eynayim, there's no difference between the 2 for him. You're just saying it to make yourself feel better. And plenty of women walk around in Miami with a bra & shorts.
A man that stringent with shemiras eynayim but wants to vacation in a beach city is a bit of cliché.

this is so untrue. My husband is very makpid on shimras Einayim, just bec his observance looks different than you expect it to doesn’t make it wrong. Every man needs to know for himself what turns him on and what tests his self control. For some men summer street clothing is ok and bikinis are not. For other men street clothing is bad and they dont go anywhere in the summer. To each his own. There are frum (and yeshivish) communities in south Florida. People live there all year, including tourist season. So obviously I’m not the only one to think like this. The “all or nothing” approach is very black and white and not how everything works, ESPECIALLY shmiras einayim.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 1:17 pm
How is a bikini top with lycra shorts different from seeing a bikini top with swim suit bottom?
Because I've seen plenty of women dressed that way on the street, in the stores, and at various public places in Miami. Not just at the beach.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
How is a bikini top with lycra shorts different from seeing a bikini top with swim suit bottom?
Because I've seen plenty of women dressed that way on the street, in the stores, and at various public places in Miami. Not just at the beach.

The majority of women in Miami will not be dressed that way when they're off the beach, especially in the winter. The vast majority of women in the general public during the winter are wearing regular clothing.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 3:24 pm
Everglades boat tour

sunshines

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 4:36 pm
Hi original poster!
I live in Miami and have a list of some of our favorite spots! (Call ahead to make sure they're open/functioning as normal)
-Jungle Island- animals, petting zoo, shows
-Miami Children's Museum- indoors museum great for kids of all ages
-Frost Science Museum-science museum with aquarium and planetarium
-Zoo Miami
-Gold Coast Railroad Museum- cute place, go in old trains,train ride
-Crandon Park- nature trails, playgrounds, carousel
-Fruit and Spice Park
- Pinto Farms-petting zoo, pony rides, hay rides, kiddie race track

Hope some of this is helpful and hope you guys have a fun trip!!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 5:25 pm
The weather has been "cold" here the past few days, and depending on when you come, and the temperature, things like splash pads will not be workable options. I've only been to a few splash pads here in Miami, and the water is really cold that comes out, so it's not a good option for the winter months especially with younger kids.

The sequarium is having a 50% off of entrances sale and my 5 yr old loved it when be went on a class trip.

There's also strawberry picking at local farms, some might have xmas themed decorations, but also hay rides and other farm type activities.

Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 7:05 pm
sunshines wrote:
Hi original poster!
I live in Miami and have a list of some of our favorite spots! (Call ahead to make sure they're open/functioning as normal)
-Jungle Island- animals, petting zoo, shows
-Miami Children's Museum- indoors museum great for kids of all ages
-Frost Science Museum-science museum with aquarium and planetarium
-Zoo Miami
-Gold Coast Railroad Museum- cute place, go in old trains,train ride
-Crandon Park- nature trails, playgrounds, carousel
-Fruit and Spice Park
- Pinto Farms-petting zoo, pony rides, hay rides, kiddie race track

Hope some of this is helpful and hope you guys have a fun trip!!

Thanks so much!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 09 2020, 7:06 pm
Thanks everyone for your ideas!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 23 2020, 5:46 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Everglades boat tour

This is for very little kids?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:25 pm
There are many activities that are typical of any city- museums, parks, malls, etc.
It would be pretty difficult to find an empty piece of beach this time of year, especially this week with the schools being off for the holidays.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics