Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Should I buy a Sheitel Fall

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:18 pm
I see so many people have a Sheitel Fall. Why is it so popular? I have a regular, nice sheitel. Should I get a Fall too? If so, what do I need to know before I purchase one and where do you recommend I go in Boro Park/Flatbush? Thanks.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:30 pm
It’s popular because it’s super comfortable.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:30 pm
I have been wearing a Fall for years...they are so comfortable, no need to worry about hair in your face or worry how the front looks. I/m also able to wash mine on my own so it saves me a ton of money.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:37 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I have been wearing a Fall for years...they are so comfortable, no need to worry about hair in your face or worry how the front looks. I/m also able to wash mine on my own so it saves me a ton of money.

Same. It’s so much easier to thrown on and go rather than a full shaitel and though I have no talent or experience I can easily wash it in my own and just straighten it which saves a lot of money.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see so many people have a Sheitel Fall. Why is it so popular? I have a regular, nice sheitel. Should I get a Fall too? If so, what do I need to know before I purchase one and where do you recommend I go in Boro Park/Flatbush? Thanks.

I like it cuz it’s a different look than a full shaitel, I wear mine with a hat, cap, headband....all different looks.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:04 pm
I look prettier with the hair pulled away from my face. And so I wear a fall to achieve that as I don't like grips and clips.

I don't like the shlompy cheap wig fall look. So I purchased a regular wig which I sometimes wear the band with. Nobody knows if it's especially meant for this...

I am also very fussy about the band. I buy one with a nice material and cut it so it suits me and my face. Don't like them too wide...

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I look prettier with the hair pulled away from my face. And so I wear a fall to achieve that as I don't like grips and clips.

I don't like the shlompy cheap wig fall look. So I purchased a regular wig which I sometimes wear the band with. Nobody knows if it's especially meant for this...

I am also very fussy about the band. I buy one with a nice material and cut it so it suits me and my face. Don't like them too wide...

I don't like them so wide either and lately that's all they sell! I also hate the knot in the front..does not look good on me!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:16 pm
I don't like them so wide either and lately that's all they sell! I also hate the knot in the front..does not look good on me!

I personally wouldn't mind a band with a knot but I don't want too much hair showing and I feel like that will compromise it.

Also, OP mentioned that it's very popular. But where I live not so. Everyone is going for nice natural fronts, hardly anyone is covering their lace fronts/ baby hairs. Maybe just with beanies.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:26 pm
Thanks everyone for your feedback. They sound amazingly comfortable. Where do you live, Sienna, where they're not popular?

Any suggestions where to go in Brooklyn? Thanks.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 9:13 pm
Perele pretter
Happy with the sary brand falls

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback. They sound amazingly comfortable. Where do you live, Sienna, where they're not popular?

Any suggestions where to go in Brooklyn? Thanks.

Are they popular in Brooklyn? What crowd wears them most?

flmommy

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:11 am
Have to consider how you look with your hair pulled back. IMHO it’s for a younger person generally. Most women over 40 don’t wear headbands in the non frum world. Not saying you can’t.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:26 am
I have one that is exactly like my own hair - so comfortable, and looks great in a pony because it is long and quite thin. I got it cheaply, I imagine a more expensive one would have been thick and wig like. I love being able to scrunch it into a bun and wear it with a cute knotted band. Great for wearing indoors.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 7:53 pm
flmommy wrote:
Have to consider how you look with your hair pulled back. IMHO it’s for a younger person generally. Most women over 40 don’t wear headbands in the non frum world. Not saying you can’t.

I happen to be over 40 and still wear a Fall. I have to for work..I cant stand hair in my face. I actually think full shaitels age me a little. I look better with my hair pulled (although I do need to color the front and sides of my hair if a little gray peaks out)

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 7:59 pm
I happen to be over 40 and still wear a Fall. I have to for work..I cant stand hair in my face. I actually think full shaitels age me a little. I look better with my hair pulled (although I do need to color the front and sides of my hair if a little gray peaks out)

I feel the same (40’s)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:41 pm
I didn't realize my own hair would show with a Fall. Is that true with all Falls? Does it depend on whether I wear a band or a hat? Would definitely need to color the grays. Sad How would I go about doing that? Seems like they'll grow back so quickly.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:55 pm
I’m almost 40 and wear a fall. It has a much more youthful appearance than a shaitel which can look quite aging. I do wear it with a headband sometimes but usually I just blend my own hair into it. I have some wispy bangs and leave those out with some hair on top and it blends really beautifully. So I have some of my own hair framing my face but not as much as a shaitel. It’s so comfortable.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 1:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't realize my own hair would show with a Fall. Is that true with all Falls? Does it depend on whether I wear a band or a hat? Would definitely need to color the grays. Sad How would I go about doing that? Seems like they'll grow back so quickly.

I’m 25 and wear a fall to work. I wear it with beanies. I don’t wear headbands so In the summer I’m back in my full wig. My hair does not show with a fall as I am makpid not to show anything. Even the few times I wore headbands, nothing showed...

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 6:50 am
I rarely wear a hat with my fall. Even in the winter time. I get very hot wearing hats. Unless it’s freezing I don’t like hats. I do show some of my hair but you could minimize showing if you’re concerned about the grey. In the summer I’ll often take a chunk of my hair in front and scoop it over my head and clip it to my fall. Then I’ll take everything and tie it in a bun or pony. It’s very cool like that and looks super natural. With just some wispy bangs of my own hair out for framing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels