Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Four year old having a hard time with Aleph Bais
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Isn't primary pre 1 a? In nursery they introduce the aleph bais, in kindergarten they really learn it, in pre 1A they do nekudos and start kriah.

In Lakewood kindergarten is 4 year old groups. primary is year before first grade. They are expected to recognize all letters before school starts. Until succos they review letters. Then start nekudos and kriaya.

I found some of my kids didn’t realize that they had to remember the aleph bais. It was just a fun thing they were learning. I practiced with them. I also made our own aleph Baus book together. They come home do early anyway sir was a nice activity. I got papers on chinuch.org.

My DD who struggled the most with aleph bais is a late November baby. I December I was seriously considering holding her back bec she didn’t know her aleph bais at all. By the summer she was a wiz. And in fourth grade she is a really smart kid. So struggling beginning of four year olds with aleph bais doesn’t have to be an indicator.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
In Lakewood kindergarten is 4 year old groups. primary is year before first grade. They are expected to recognize all letters before school starts. Until succos they review letters. Then start nekudos and kriaya.

I found some of my kids didn’t realize that they had to remember the aleph bais. It was just a fun thing they were learning. I practiced with them. I also made our own aleph Baus book together. They come home do early anyway sir was a nice activity. I got papers on chinuch.org.

My DD who struggled the most with aleph bais is a late November baby. I December I was seriously considering holding her back bec she didn’t know her aleph bais at all. By the summer she was a wiz. And in fourth grade she is a really smart kid. So struggling beginning of four year olds with aleph bais doesn’t have to be an indicator.

I guess the deadline in Lakewood is different? My kids school as well as many others, the deadline is December so the kids start turning 4 in December of nursery. 4 in kindergarten is very young.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics