Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Insurance for ds 20 years old in israel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 3:24 pm
Ds is taking a gap year from college in israel because of covid he just finished a program in israel that provided health insurance. He is going to stay in israel for the rest of the year. He got a job in the US and going to work online from israel. He needs to get health insurance. What is the best way to do it? He is a US citizen. He got a student visa in israel. TIA

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 3:59 pm
Bump

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:11 pm
Meuchedet has plans for ppl who are not Israeli citizens
There's also a private company, I forget the name, but they aren't worth it, because they don't have a lot of options.
Meuchedet is like 100 NIS/month and he gets everything anyone else does.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:21 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Meuchedet has plans for ppl who are not Israeli citizens
There's also a private company, I forget the name, but they aren't worth it, because they don't have a lot of options.
Meuchedet is like 100 NIS/month and he gets everything anyone else does.

Thank you! How do I sign for it. Can I do it from the US?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:44 pm
He can use your credit card, but I think he would have to go into the clinic and register for himself. He's over eighteen. Meuhedet services are more limited further away from Jerusalem.

I think Harel is a private company offering health insurance. I don't know much about them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:08 pm
Elfrida wrote:
He can use your credit card, but I think he would have to go into the clinic and register for himself. He's over eighteen. Meuhedet services are more limited further away from Jerusalem.

I think Harel is a private company offering health insurance. I don't know much about them.

Thanks. Is harel much more expensive? He is next to Bnei brerak.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:43 am
When I was on Meuchedet I had it almost everywhere except in some really tiny towns.
Other non-government health insurances, as I mentioned, are great if you're only doing it as a precaution and don't plan to actually go to the doctor.
My ex was on one of those and when he had a simple problem he had to go to a doctor an hour away.
OP, you can call them https://www.egertcohen.co.il/egert/ about Harel and similar, they all speak English and are really really nice.

juggling

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Is harel much more expensive? He is next to Bnei brerak.

I don't know anything about the private insurance plans, but don't shy away from paying privately for standard Israeli HMO coverage. Meuchedet is one, and they should be fine in Bnai Brak. There are four HMOs available to the Israeli public, and every Israeli is signed up for one of them. I would think that for the most broad coverage you are best joining one of those four plans through their non-citizen channel. Again, since this is the health care system the Israelis all use, I would think it offers broader coverage than a fully private plan.

essie14

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:09 am
WitchKitty wrote:
When I was on Meuchedet I had it almost everywhere except in some really tiny towns.
Other non-government health insurances, as I mentioned, are great if you're only doing it as a precaution and don't plan to actually go to the doctor.
My ex was on one of those and when he had a simple problem he had to go to a doctor an hour away.
OP, you can call them https://www.egertcohen.co.il/egert/ about Harel and similar, they all speak English and are really really nice.

Egert & Cohen are fabulous

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:24 pm
Btw his visa expired he is trying to get a new visa. Does he need to have a visa to get the health insurance?

shevi82

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:38 pm
essie14 wrote:
Egert & Cohen are fabulous

Yes , used them as well for family from US. Not sure what they offer during COVID.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Btw his visa expired he is trying to get a new visa. Does he need to have a visa to get the health insurance?

He needs to either go into kupat Cholim or be in contact with the insurance company. They will tell him what papers he needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics