Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there something I can wear under a tichel to keep it on?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:25 pm
I wear the square kerchiefs folded in half and they always slide back. I tried a Sheitel band under but it was not comfortable for me. Is there something else I can do to keep it on? How do the chasiddishe ladies keep their head covering from slipping? To me their tichels look very secure. Any tips or tricks you can share?
Thanks!

Java

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:27 pm
I think most people probably use sheitel bands
if not you can try pinning it with bobby pins but I find it never stays as well
As far as I know those are the only options but I could be wrong about that

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:33 pm
Sheitel band. Why is it not comfortable? Is it too small?

finprof

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:36 pm
Wig grips or sewn in clips. If you don't like the velvet wig grips you can also try the under hajab bands the Muslim women use. They are cotton and much wider than wig grips.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wear the square kerchiefs folded in half and they always slide back. I tried a Sheitel band under but it was not comfortable for me. Is there something else I can do to keep it on? How do the chasiddishe ladies keep their head covering from slipping? To me their tichels look very secure. Any tips or tricks you can share?
Thanks!

Is the full wig cap more comfortable? I have one that I use occasionally.
https://www.amazon.com/Milano-.....1ZQ==

The secret to the chassidish tichels won't be of help to you, since the shaved hair makes the hair covering stick like velcro. Pretty cool.

Good Friend

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:49 pm
I just heard about this company that makes tichels with a small velvet triangle. My friends who got it say it really stays in place well. I personally haven't gotten it yet just because it's hard to ship things to where I live, but I'm hoping to buy one at the next opportunity.

http://Halfasquare.com

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:57 pm
https://wrapunzel.com/store/no.....band/

This one has no-velcro so is more comfortable. Also you can keep it further back on your head, behind your ears and still put the actual scarf covering your full head. The fabric of the scarf still grips it so it won't budge. Also, make sure it's on the right way. When you move your finger over it, from forehead towards the back of your head, you should feel friction. If you don't, it's on the wrong way.

caffeine99

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 8:13 pm
Personally the headband gives me a headache. But there's a company called halfasquare and their tichels are great!! They stay in one spot all day!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels