Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Newborn paci recommendations?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:03 pm
Can anyone recommend a newborn pacifier they like? Amazon would be ideal so I could order it and get it in time

FTM. Dont know the first thing about pacis

I heard mixed reviews about bibs

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:05 pm
They’re all good, just all the brands will make the nipple of the pacifier the same as the nipple on the bottle so that the baby gets used to it and you buy their brand. They literally all do the same thing. Just go with the cheapest, and get a pacifier clip so you don’t keep losing them.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:06 pm
I love the Nuk pacifiers.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:06 pm
I like the Nuk newborn orthodontic, very small nipple perfect for newborn

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:08 pm
My first daughter used the hospital one, but then discarded it quickly and just didn't take pacis. I was ok with it and didn't push it.
My second daughter didn't really like the hospital paci at all. I didn't buy any others, because I don't know how I feel about pacis and don't feel the need to push it. I got a Bibs paci as a gift and she ended up taking it a bit.

(I don't offer it often, because I feel like if they're cranky it's probably because they need food or a diaper change or a nap or whatever. )

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:10 pm
My kid liked mam. Don't stock up until you figure out what works for your kid though.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
My first daughter used the hospital one, but then discarded it quickly and just didn't take pacis. I was ok with it and didn't push it.
My second daughter didn't really like the hospital paci at all. I didn't buy any others, because I don't know how I feel about pacis and don't feel the need to push it. I got a Bibs paci as a gift and she ended up taking it a bit.

(I don't offer it often, because I feel like if they're cranky it's probably because they need food or a diaper change or a nap or whatever. )

oh thats good to know... was speaking about pacis with my parents and my dad was shocked I even wanted to give paci to baby... just all my friends doing it now and keep telling me as soon as baby is born to give her a paci so she gets used to it

ill need to research it more...

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
oh thats good to know... was speaking about pacis with my parents and my dad was shocked I even wanted to give paci to baby... just all my friends doing it now and keep telling me as soon as baby is born to give her a paci so she gets used to it

ill need to research it more...

Do your research. It is supposed to help prevent SIDS.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:21 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Do your research. It is supposed to help prevent SIDS.

yes ive been seeing that... I heard it can cause nipple confusion if I plan on nursing and then supplementing with a bottle when I go back to work though...

s/o told me to get a paci that has a nipple shaped like a human nipple but all the ones I looked up so far look pretty flat

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:23 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b0d8d

hows this look?

987gold

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:25 pm
Get the mam!!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:26 pm
987gold wrote:
Get the mam!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....35145

Elemenopee

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

hows this look?

I tried several different pacifiers and this was the only one my baby took. I heard this from many other moms as well.

nycgal

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

hows this look?

This is what the hospital gives. Most babies like it.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:34 pm
I tried a whole bunch. My babies all ended up preferring the avent newborn size. Not sure how to post a link, this is the Amazon description: Philips AVENT Ultra Soft Pacifier, 0-6 Months, Arctic White/Pink, 4 Pack, SCF214/41, White/Pink

You may have to try a few brands until you find one that your baby likes.

flower2

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:50 pm
Better not to give when first born, just work on establishing breastfeeding and then once you are sure that's established you can start to give a paci. (Basically wait till baby is 2-4 weeks).
I like the nuk newborn but one of my kids did better w the hospital one in the beginning

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:52 pm
I go straight with the Avent soothie that was posted here (in green) and use the wubbanub which is the same

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:27 pm
Another vote for the MAM brand.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 9:34 pm
I hate myself for suggesting the BIBS bec I’m the least into trends/bougie baby items lover lol. My 1st 2 didn’t pacis but each time I saved the ones I bought. When it came to my 3rd I owned every paci out there. He was my 3rd under 5 and I needed him to take it for my sanity. He refused all. When he was a few weeks old someone sent over a gift with a bibs paci attached. He’s a year and he’s been taking it since. Every 3 mo I replace (the $8!!!!! Paci) bec they do grow cuz of the “natural” rubber. But Bh he takes it. It makes things a lot easier around here...

boymom3

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 12:41 am
Another vote for bibs coming from someone who said they would never use them (because of price and I hated the look) but I tried the nuk like by my first 2 but baby refused to take it, someone convinced me to try the bibs and it’s a lifesaver!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics