Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Working full time - spinoff

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:

6)I do have a lot of vacation time 22 days a year)

Do you have any other PTO day or do you need to use your vacation days for Yom Tov?

I used to get Yom Tov and most legal holidays off, plus vacation days. Now I just have PTO days. After Yomim Tovim I barely have any days left. Forget about legal holiday.

Just curious about what other companies offer.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:43 am
I'm self employed so no PTO.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have any other PTO day or do you need to use your vacation days for Yom Tov?

I used to get Yom Tov and most legal holidays off, plus vacation days. Now I just have PTO days. After Yomim Tovim I barely have any days left. Forget about legal holiday.

Just curious about what other companies offer.

I don't have so many days off so I put in extra hours here and there so I can take off other hours as needed.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:58 am
I’m at the same company 15 yrs so have 23 vacation days + 5 sick days.
Using that I can take off all Tom tov. When I was anew employee with less days I couldn’t.
I take off Yom tov. 2 days in summer for family vacation. And one day Chanukah. I carried over some days I was saving up to take off 2 days when I make a bar mitzvah this year.
I can’t imagine starting with 10 ever again.
There is no option to really use non-pto. It looks really bad and no one does that.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 12:05 pm
I work at a large public corporation. I have 15 vacation days and two floating holidays per year. Sick time is separate. We are allowed to carry over up to two weeks per year of vacation. In a normal year I wouldn't have more than 1-2 days left over, but the combination of COVID and so many yomim tovim falling on weekends in 2020, I am carrying over a full two weeks to 2021.

PTO increases with seniority. Right now I have the least amount because I was hired recently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics