Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Florida-quiet area on beach

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 12:49 pm
Hi,
I read through other threads, but everything was focusing more on the center where all Jewish people tend to stay.

Can anyone recommend where to stay in Florida, on/near beach, quieter area with not so many tourists, and maybe one or 2 kosher eateries nearby?

Also any attractions, baby friendly?

fmt4

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
I read through other threads, but everything was focusing more on the center where all Jewish people tend to stay.

Can anyone recommend where to stay in Florida, on/near beach, quieter area with not so many tourists, and maybe one or 2 kosher eateries nearby?

Also any attractions, baby friendly?

Try west palm beach.

Frumme

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 2:19 pm
Ft Myers, Tampa, Ormond Beach, or Jacksonville

Ft Myers doesn't have a restaurant but you can order food from the Chabad of Bonita Springs (they cater).

I heard that Tampa has a new kosher pizza place. They also have a winn dixie that stocks a lot of kosher goods (fresh meat, fresh CY items, etc) and Kosher Kaddy (delivery service).

Ormond Beach is beautiful plus has two restaurants, one milchig and one fleishig.

Jacksonville has a few kosher restaurants and a very nice community.

All four will probably have less tourists than your typical Miami/Key West/etc

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 3:55 pm
I also heard cape coral is beautiful

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 4:24 pm
I did ft Lauderdale hotel on the beach we loved it. was much cheaper and quieter than miami. we were walking distance to shul and Winnie Dixie and stocked with kosher food. streets have beautiful landscaping we took long walks around the neighborhood. Baby friendly attraction I can think of is taking water taxi tour on intracoastal checking out cool boats and mansions. NO restaurant so we traveled about 30 minutes to Hollywood to eat.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 4:55 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I did ft Lauderdale hotel on the beach we loved it. was much cheaper and quieter than miami. we were walking distance to shul and Winnie Dixie and stocked with kosher food. streets have beautiful landscaping we took long walks around the neighborhood. Baby friendly attraction I can think of is taking water taxi tour on intracoastal checking out cool boats and mansions. NO restaurant so we traveled about 30 minutes to Hollywood to eat.

Can you sure info about the house?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 5:26 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

This sounds great!
What hotel did you stay at?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 5:41 pm
Its called Ocean sky hotel and resort. about $160 a night. If you want to spend $100 more you can get really nice hotels such as marriot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics