Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best wood cabinet cleaner

President

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:23 am
I have wooden cabinets in my kitchen and have such a hard time cleaning them. The grease spots (like on the cabinet on top of my oven) dont come off. I'm afraid to use harsh cleaners because I dont want the color to come off. Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 10:25 am
If it's a wood stain with finish use Murphy Oil soap diluted in water. Immerse rag in solution, wring out until just damp. Wash with damp rag and use a soft dry rag simultaneously to dry.
If the wood has a paint finish, make the rag wet with water and wring out until just damp. Set aside. Put just a tiny drop of dishsoap in your palm; spread between both palms of your hands. Rub evenly into damp rag. Wash cabinets with the damp rag and use a soft dry rag simultaneously to dry.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 12:47 pm
My kitchen guy had given me the idea to use baby shampoo as it’s milder than other soaps- but that was for new cabinets that I was worried to ruin

President

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 5:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If it's a wood stain with finish use Murphy Oil soap diluted in water. Immerse rag in solution, wring out until just damp. Wash with damp rag and use a soft dry rag simultaneously to dry.
If the wood has a paint finish, make the rag wet with water and wring out until just damp. Set aside. Put just a tiny drop of dishsoap in your palm; spread between both palms of your hands. Rub evenly into damp rag. Wash cabinets with the damp rag and use a soft dry rag simultaneously to dry.

Will this work for grease stains?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 5:52 pm
President wrote:
Will this work for grease stains?

What sort of finish is the wood? What color? Actual stains or residue?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry